5: "𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙, 𝚓𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝚋!"

Y/n walked beside JJ as them and the other three all walked together on the beach by themselves. JJ and John B got the kegger ready as Pope, Kie, and Y/n stood there, waiting for them to finish. Next thing they knew, they were all pouring themselves a drink, red solo cups in their hands as Y/n stood back beside JJ, who had an arm wrapped around her shoulders.

After maybe about an hour or so, more and more teenagers started to join, taking their own drinks from the kegger as well. The sun was slowly starting to set as the teenagers all stood on the beach.

"Alright. You can't understand the Outer Banks without understanding the boneyard. It's kinda like a three-layer burrito."

John B looks up from the kegger, a smile on his face. "Yo, what's up, homie?"

"What's up, man?" A boy with blonde hair greets.

"There's us and our friends, the working-class derelicts."

The boy then walks off as John B fills another drink, turning to his other side, seeing more people there, no smiles on their faces upon seeing the boy.

"Then, there are the Kooks, the rich second-homers."

Raising a brow, the Pogue boy holds up the red solo cup for the Kook, who purses his lips, reaching out to take it. John B, however, moves the cup around, not letting the boy get his drink. Just then, out of annoyance, the Kook snatches the drink from John B's hand.

"They're mostly from Pouncey-ass boarding schools, just rich trustafarian posters. Our natural enemies."

As the Kook walks off, John B fills another drink before going to his right, being met with a girl with braided pigtails and glasses.

"And then, there are the Tourons."

"Want a beer?" John B questions while holding the drink out for the girl.

"Totally clueless. Here for a week on vacation with their families."

"Thanks." The girl responds with a smile while taking the drink.

As the Pogue boy filled another red solo up from the Kegger, JJ, Y/n, and Kie joined his side, the four looking at a girl as John B held the cup out for her.

"Hey, you want a beer?" John B asks.

"Chum for the sharks."

During the party, Y/n found herself walking around, one hand in her shorts pocket, the other holding an almost empty cup full of alcohol. Eventually, she was joined by Kie, both girls then walking to her brother, who had been talking to a girl.

"Sarah! Sarah, be careful, okay?" A distant voice exclaims, catching the girls attention.

Both look over John B's shoulder, seeing a certain blonde on top of a red object that looked like it was just about to fall over.

"What is she doing here?" Kie asks.

John B hums, glancing back at his sister and friend before following their gazes, seeing the blonde girl.

"That's Sarah Cameron. Kook princess. Kiara's best friend in the ninth grade, worst enemy in the tenth grade. I work on her dad's boats, so, you know, I've seen her around."

Kie and Y/n shared a look before Kie rolled her eyes, walking off, Y/n following in suit as John B continued staring at Sarah while a boy came up to her.