1: "𝙸 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚑𝚒𝚖."

The demeanor on the island was sad, at least for some people. The wind was blowing in the air, adding to the sound of wood being chopped. The chirps of birds and crickets could be heard throughout the island in the backyard of the Chateau, the waves of the ocean crashing against the rocks as the wind blew it back and forth each minute or so that passed. The sun was slowly rising, showing it was morning time as everyone, most likely, was starting to wake up from their deep sleep that they had after everything that had been going on on the island.

With an axe in his grip, Pope Heyward found himself chopping the wood of a tree, creating a heart with the smooth surface that had been found after some of the wood was chopped away. When was finished and placed himself beside his friend, Kiara, or Kie, Carrera, JJ Maybank walked forward with a blowtorch and a metal tool in his hands. On the other side of Kiara, Y/n Routledge held a box of her brother's belongings in her hand, staring down at them with a frown, trying to hold back the tears.

Using the one end of the tool that had been heated up by the blowtorch, JJ begins to create words and numbers for the memorial they had created for their best friend and Y/n's brother who died out at sea with someone who was to become their best friend. The memorial said, '2003-2020, John B Routledge, P4L'. Soon enough, the blonde finished and placed himself back beside his girlfriend who glanced up at him, frown still very evident on her face as she thought of her brother.

"To John B." JJ says while holding up his drink.

"And to Sarah." Kie adds quietly.

Y/n and Kiara watch as the boys of the group lift up their drinks before taking a gulp of them. When they finished that, the only Routledge left on the island stepped towards the small hole her and Kiara had dug up earlier. Crouching down, they watch as she places the box of her brother's belongings inside. She caught sight of a picture of her, her brother and their father in the box before the others were crouching and, closing the lid and helping her bury it. John B Routledge wasn't able to have an actual funeral, so they made this memorial instead. The same with Sarah Cameron.

"Here's a fun fact. You ready? Here we go. Everyone you know... will die. And by everyone, I mean everyone. Your mother, brother, sister, father. All your friends. And all your enemies. Everyone. I mean, of course, there's another way of looking at it. Since it's all so short and over so quickly... that makes everything meaningful. Everything's just one time."

***

In the kitchen of the Chateau, the fridge door was open and Y/n was grabbing a bottle of water before closing the door shut. Venturing towards the living area, she twists the bottle of the cap off while seating herself on the couch, head resting on the pillow that leaned against the arm of the chair as she laid there. Beside her on the floor, a box of pictures and objects laid inside. Most of the pictures were of her and John B and, at times, their father when they were kids. The objects were old toys that her and John B used to play with.

Placing the bottle of water down onto the floor beside the box, Y/n leans down and grabs a picture of her and John B. She remembers that day as clear as gold. It was her sixth birthday, hence why there was a cake with a number six candle on top in the picture. John B was about seven and both were smiling up at the camera that their father had taken at the time since it was just them three. Both Routledge siblings were so short, but Y/n was shorter in the picture.

The six year old Y/n was wearing a pink sunflower dress, her h/c hair in braids at the time while the seven year old John B wore a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, just like how he dresses... dressed now. And both wore bandanas around their necks like they both did now. In the picture, John B had his tiny arms wrapped around his sister from behind, a bit around her neck and shoulders as he hugged her tightly. Y/n's tiny hands were holding his bare arms as they both held bright smile. The candle on the cake was blown out, meaning she had already been sung happy birthday and made a wish.