17: "𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘."

(Should I post my John B X Reader?)

Y/n found herself standing in the Carrera household, specifically, Kiara's bedroom, looking at herself in the mirror, a slight blank expression on her face as she examines the dress she was wearing for the Midsummers. Anna and Mike Carrera, Kiara's parents, had let her stay in their guest room for the time being, as well as letting her come to Midsummers, knowing their daughter wouldn't attend if her friend didn't.

At first, they were reluctant, but then gave in after about a minute or so of their daughter pleading for them to let one of her close friends stay. Both adults felt bad for the Routledge girl, as she had been going through a lot recently. Of course, they didn't know about being chased or being shot at, only knowing about her father missing.

Y/n hadn't been able to sleep much, but only for a few hours. She was worried. Not only for her brother, but for JJ, knowing his abusive father had been the one to pick him up from the police station. She had been the only one that JJ told about his life at home. He trusted her. Y/n knew his father would've done something after picking him up.

The Routledge girl didn't even notice Kiara walking in, who leaned against the doorway slightly, a small smile coming onto her face as she looked at her friend. The Carrera girl wore a silky light purple dress that reached to her foot. Her brown hair was put up into a bun, a flower crown adding to it.

Meanwhile, Y/n wore a beautiful, silky red dress, also going down to her feet while her hair was laid half up half down type of style. Slowly, Kie walks over to her friend, resting her chin on the girl's shoulder, startling her slightly.

 Slowly, Kie walks over to her friend, resting her chin on the girl's shoulder, startling her slightly

"You look beautiful." Kie compliments.

Y/n gives her a little smile. "Thanks."

Kiara immediately noticed her forced smile fading away as she looked down at her feet. Or, well, the floor, as her feet were covered by the dress. Releasing her chin off the girl's shoulder, she turns Y/n around, facing her.

"JJ's gonna be fine, alright?" Kie reassures. "He's tough. He can handle himself. He'll be fine with the police, okay?"

Hesitantly, Y/n nods in response, giving her a small, thankful smile as a way of saying thank you for trying to cheer her up. Before either one of them could say anything else, Anna walks into the room, smiling at them.

"You girls look gorgeous." Anna compliments.

"I look like a bourgeoisie pig, Mom." Kie fires back.

"Will you please not worry about socioeconomic injustice for one night?" Anna questions.

"Mom, people not three miles from here have no power, no running water, and we're going to Midsummers. That's so tone-deaf." Kie comments.

"Do you know how hard we had to work to get into the Island Club?" Anna asks.