2: "𝙿4𝙻, 𝙹𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝙱."

The bells of Kildare County High School could be heard throughout the parking lot that was full of the students that went to the said school. The sun was up in the sky, shining down brightly on the island. The occasional honks of the vehicles that drove by added to the chatters of the teenagers, some parents dropping off their kids to school, some being teachers who were entering the building, and the rest being the teenagers as they prepared themselves for going back to school.

After parking the car in a free spot, Kiara grabs her bag and hops out of the car, Y/n getting out from the passenger's seat while JJ and Pope did the same from the bag. As Y/n and Pope walked around, them and Kiara taking notice as JJ takes a gulp of the alcohol in the metal bottle he had before closing it up and tossing it back into the car, grabbing his bag, knowing he wasn't aloud alcohol in school.

"Dude, chill out." Pope instructs.

"If I black out, just don't remind me." JJ tells them.

Kie shakes her head. "That's not funny."

Venturing towards the school building, the group took notice of how it seemed everyone around them in the parking lot went quiet at the sight of the four, and most importantly, at the sight of the last Routledge that was alive. Theories began going around each of the groups, a few people claiming they heard the group had gotten arrested, someone else saying how they think Y/n deserved to be arrested for her brother's crimes. JJ took notice of how tense his girlfriend was, her hands turning white as she gripped the straps of her backpack that were over her shoulders. Reaching out, he was able to get one of her hands off and place it in his, intertwining their fingers together.

As the pad of his thumb caressed the back of her hand, the group of four stopped right in front of a large rock, just a few feet away from the school. It was a memorial for John B. A yellow surfboard leaned against the rock, John B's name being painted on it while pictures seemed to have been taped onto the board and the rock. Y/n took notice of how a few had her in it, most likely being pictures that their friends have taken. Flowers laid on the grass and around the rock, probably being from the other people that were friends with John B.

Y/n feels her stomach churn a bit at the sight. She was grateful that people had even cared to make a memorial for her brother, despite what they thought he did to Peterkin, even if it wasn't true. The eyes, however, made her feel uneasy, like she was about to throw up. Even if their eyes were on the group, practically everyone's eyes were on her instead. The last living Routledge. She tried to ignore the prying eyes, but the thought of knowing they were there made her feel sick.

"I feel like people are staring at us." Kie speaks up.

"Because they are." Y/n replies, continuing to stare at her brother's memorial.

The group all looked at her, seeing she wasn't looking at either of them as she continued to stare at the pictures of her brother. JJ took notice of some of the sympathetic look on other people's faces as they glanced at the Routledge girl, seeing the frown and the look on her face.

"Guys, I can't be late." Pope states.

The Heyward boy begins to walk off with Kie right behind him, claiming they had to stick together. Seeing her holding out her hand, Pope clasps his hand with hers as they begin to walk to the building. Meanwhile, JJ turns to look at his girlfriend who was shaking her head, stepping back as he felt her hand release from his.

"I don't think I can do this, JJ." Y/n whispers, gulping. "I feel sick. I don't think I should be here."

"Hey. Hey." JJ interrupts, speaking over her as he cups her cheeks, getting in front of her. "You can do this, baby, alright? I'll be there for you, okay? Anything you need, you have me. No matter what."