24: "𝚘𝚑, 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚝?"

After the incident with Barry and JJ deciding to drive the campervan instead of John B, the group of six found themselves right outside of Barry's trailer home, which was a total trash. Y/n sat beside Kiara as them and the others watched as JJ exited the vehicle, slamming the door shut and making his way towards the trailer.

"Where you going?" John B asks.

"Yo soy justicia." JJ replies, walking inside.

The other five all sit there before John B hops out of the campervan, walking after JJ. As they all waited for their two friends who were inside Barry's home, the five other teenagers also hopped out of the campervan, standing together as they anxiously waited for JJ and John B to exit the house so they could leave. Eventually, JJ walks outside casually, John B trailing after him.

"Alright, so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit." JJ informs, showing the wad of cash in his hands.

"So that's what we're doing now? We're robbing drug dealers?" Kie questions.

"This Barry guy's gonna find out." Sarah states. "And he's gonna come after us."

"Yes, he will." Pope agrees. "This is not the time to start wilding out."

"How'd you guys like having a gun pulled on you?" JJ fires back.

"Relax." John B demands.

"He had it right here on you, bro." JJ reminds as he points at the boy's forehead.

"Look. We've gotta go get the gold, okay? Just give me that shit. We're putting it back." John B tells his best friend.

The Routledge boy reaches out towards the duffel bag in the blonde's hand, taking it from him, wanting nothing more than to put the bag full of money back in the trailer. With finding the gold and everything, the group already had so much to worry about, they didn't need to add Barry to their problems. JJ, however, didn't like this as he roughly shoves the boy against the side of the campervan. At her boyfriend's actions, Y/n flinched a little, causing Pope to hold her hand, wanting to comfort her.

The Routledge girl had no idea what to do. There was John B, her older and protective brother. And then there was JJ, her protective boyfriend.

"Do you feel like a tough guy? Huh? What are you gonna do when he comes for us?" John B asks.

"We punch him in the throat." JJ replies, sounding confident with his answer.

"Yeah, good fucking idea, JJ." John B comments sarcastically.

"I'm not putting it back." JJ tells the brunette.

Reaching down, he grabs the duffel bag from the boy, heading inside the campervan. For a few seconds, he sits there as he calls out to his friends, waiting for them to get inside with him. However, they all just stand there. The blonde looks up, instantly meeting his girlfriend's gaze, who was staring at him sadly. Upon meeting his blue eyes, Y/n looks down at her feet. Letting out a small sigh, JJ hops out, standing in front of the others.

"What?" JJ questions.

"We're sick of your shit." John B informs.

"Oh, my shit?" JJ asks.

"Yeah. Yeah. Your shit." John B repeats.

"Your pulling guns on people shit." Kie adds.

"You acting like a freaking maniac--" Pope continues.

"Okay, Pope, I took the fall for you, man!" JJ interrupts, sounding frustrated. "Do you know how much money I owe because of you?"

"I'm gonna pay you back, and I didn't even ask you to do that!" Pope reminds.

"I just did! Pay it back. Right here, right now, by myself." JJ states. "You know what? That's exactly what I'm gonna do. Go off by myself."

The blonde zips his backpack up, placing it on his shoulder as he begins to walk off. However, he stops and turns back to his girlfriend, who had been looking at her feet the whole time. Placing a hand on her cheek, he presses a kiss to her forehead as she looked up. The boy meets her eyes before he walks off, leaving them behind.

Just as Y/n goes to take a step forward, calling out her boyfriend's name, John B stops her, placing a hand on his sister's shoulder. The girl stares at the blonde's retreating figure sadly before they all head back inside the campervan, leaving Barry's place.

***

After leaving Barry's, the now group of five found themselves sitting in the Wreck together. Y/n played with her hands as she thought of her boyfriend, who was who knows where. As they sat there, John B couldn't help but keep glancing at his little sister, who was quiet the whole entire time.

"Look, he'll come around, alright? It's... He's doing a JJ thing." John B tries to assure.

"You think he'll go home?" Kie questions.

"There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home." Y/n whispers in response, knowing what his home was like.

"You okay?" John B asks his sister quietly.

Y/n shrugs a shoulder, nodding a little. "Yeah, I guess. Are you?"

"I mean, I'm in one piece, so..." John B replies, trying to lighten her up a little, which was successful when he sees her smile a little.

Pope sighs slightly. "Okay. It's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal. So our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it. Bring it all up at once. Put it in a safe or a vault or something. I-- I don't know. Just until we can find someone who won't rip us off. I can go figure it out tonight, I can get it all done, and we can be out there as early as tomorrow morning."

"Alright, let's do it." John B agrees.

"What about that thing with my dad?" Sarah reminds, looking at the Routledge siblings.

"Shit." The siblings whisper.

"What thing?" Pope questions.

"We have to go fishing with Ward." Y/n informs.

"You both can't get five hundred mil cause you're gonna go kill fish?" Kie asks.

"Look, we have to go." John B tells them.

"Blow it off. It's five hundred million in gold!" Pope reminds.

"Make something up!" Kie adds.

"Look, we have to, okay?" Y/n repeats her brother's words. "He... he saved us, alright? And if it weren't for Ward, we'd be in foster care. So... we have to go."

"Plus, it'll be better to do it at night. Right?" John B adds, resting his hand on his little sister's shoulder.

For a few seconds, it's silent between the five teenagers as the siblings exchange a look. Pope and Kiara glance between them, both not wanting them to go fishing with Ward so they could get the gold and make it a lot easier.

"Fine. Fine, go fishing." Pope gives in.

"And at least JJ will probably have washed up by then." Kie adds, looking at the Routledge girl as she says this, knowing the girl was worried about her boyfriend.