3: "𝚠𝚘𝚘𝚐𝚒𝚝𝚢, 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢!"

The sun was still up in the Outer Banks as the group of four Pogues were walking outside the Carrera's restaurant and onto the docks. Unlike before, their moods had been lifted up ever since they heard the best news they could ever hear, probably surprising people, considering Y/n is John B's sister and the others are his best friends. JJ had an arm wrapped around his girlfriend's shoulders as they stopped by a bench on the docks. Like Kiara and Pope, Y/n sat up on the ledge with JJ leaning on the bench beside her.

"So we going to the Bahamas or what?" JJ asks.

"Dude, there's no way we're getting to the Bahamas." Pope states.

"John B's gonna get nabbed sooner or later. So if we're gonna clear his name, we need to have done it, like, yesterday." Kie explains.

"I'll tell you how we do it." JJ tells them.

Pope raises a brow. "So you have it all planned out?"

"As a matter of fact, I do." JJ replies. "We kidnap Rafe, tie him up and stick the gun in his mouth and just wait till he starts squawking."

"You know, torture's a war crime." Kie reminds.

"Yeah, so how exactly do you plan on clearing John B's name from a prison cell?" Pope questions. "Because that's a felony."

"Alright, well, what do you got, Pope? I was just trying to keep it simple. You know, one stop, and we're done." JJ informs.

"Guys, all we need is a material witness. We saw Ward's plane fly right over our heads with the gold inside of it. He didn't fly it. If somebody else was flying it, they were there on the tarmac. They saw Peterkin get murdered. We just have to find whoever that was and get them to confess on record." Pope explains.

"How do we do that?" Y/n asks.

Pope shrugs. "A little light espionage. Woogity-woogity."

"Woogity, baby!" JJ exclaims.

Now that they had a plan, the group of teenagers now found themselves venturing to the campervan and heading inside. For a couple minutes, they were sitting inside as Kie drove, Pope sitting beside her while the couple of the group were in the back. As they were heading to their destination, the Pogues were now trying to come up on how to get the evidence of the man being a witness.

"If this guy was flying planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight-lipped." Pope states.

JJ cocks the gun he held. "So then direct approach gets my vote."

"JJ, no. Put the gun down, man." Pope demands.

"No! What?" Kie exclaims.

"We gotta keep this simple, or else we're never gonna get John B home." Y/n argues, agreeing with her boyfriend.

"Or we just tickle the wire." Pope suggests. "I plant my phone in his car, and then we listen in on your AirPods. Say something."

Kie shrugs. "Something."

Right after, the Carrera girl's voice is repeated on the phone, showing them that his plan is working. Soon enough, Kie parked the car in a spot that wasn't suspicious as they were out front of the house, where Pope hops out and sneakily jogs onto the lawn, hiding behind some bushes so no one could catch him through the windows of the house.

"How's it been going with Pope and all?" JJ questions suddenly, looking at Kie.

"It's good." Kie simple replies.

JJ nods. "It's good? Alright."

"In the bedroom, is he kinda freaky, cause it's Pope, you know?" Y/n asks, now finding herself curious.

"Why are you asking?" Kie questions, looking at the girl.

Y/n shrugs sheepishly. "JJ started asking, then it got me curious. Just spitballing here."

"You don't need to spitball. We could sit in silence." Kie tells her. "And I mean, we don't talk about your guys sex life."

"Well, I mean--" JJ begins, a slight smirk on his face as he looks to the girl beside him.

Before he could continue, the passenger's door opens and Pope was hopping back inside. The three sit in awkward silence, Y/n playing with her fingers, not noticing her boyfriend staring at her, the smirk still on his face. When Pope looks to the girl beside him with questionable expression, Kie only shakes her head as if to silently tell him not to ask while she starts the car, driving off.

***

Still in the campervan, the group of Pogues had came back to the house but somewhere that they hopefully wouldn't be found. The dark sky was out in the island of Outer Banks as they tried to come up with who would speak to the man. After deciding Kie would be the one to do it, the Carrera girl started typing the number into her phone, putting it on speaker as it began to ring so they could all hear.

"Hello?" The man's voice comes through the device.

"Hello. Is Gavin there?" Kie asks.

"This is Gavin." The man replies. "Who's this?"

"I know what happened on the tarmac." Kie blurts out.

"Um... who's this?" Gavin repeats his question from before.

"It was Rafe Cameron. But you already knew that, and you lied about it." Kie continues, once again, ignoring his question.

"Alright, you're gonna tell me who this is right now." Gavin orders.

"You could've saved her, Gavin, and you didn't. And you're not getting away with this." Kie tells him.

"Listen to me! Who is this?" Gavin exclaims.

Not listening again, Kie hangs up the phone, leaving Gavin with no information. After tickling the wire, they find themselves waiting for a few minutes before the car lights of Gavin's car turned on. The teenagers were all quick to duck down when he drove by them, not noticing before Kie was starting the car, following after him but making sure to keep a safe distance. Meanwhile, Pope had placed his airpods in his ears, listening to whatever Gavin was saying in the car by himself.

"He's talking to Ward." Pope informs. "He's talking about negotiating something. Renegotiating. Gavin's got the gun that Rafe used to kill Peterkin. I think he's trying to use it as extortion, as leverage."

"Wait. He's pulling over." Kie points out.

"Go around the block." Y/n instructs.

Doing as told, the older girl passes Gavin's car and turns the corner, going to go around the block. However, what they didn't expect was for the road to be blocked by construction, making her stop the car.

When Pope instructed to turn back around, the girl began to do just that but stopped, once again, when a digger went in their way. Feeling frustrated, JJ hops out of the car, shouting at the builders, telling them that they were just about to turn around and leave, but they prevented that.

Deciding to take matters into his own hands, Pope was quick to exit the vehicle and run off, catching his friends attention. JJ quickly opened the door for his girlfriend before she could do so before them and Kie were following Pope, ignoring the builders shouts to them.

They found themselves following their friend through a backyard, hopping over a fence and into another backyard where a few of their classmates could be seen playing in the pool they ran by. Just a few feet ahead, Pope was crouched behind some bushes. Just as they stopped to him, he turned to them with a panicked look.

"What does that mean?" Y/n questions, feeling herself start to panic.

"Did you hear something?" JJ adds in question.

"He's meeting Ward right now. We gotta go. Come on." Pope ushers.