14: "𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚜𝚔 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸'𝚖 𝚍𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎."

Kiara had come up with the idea of celebrating their success in retrieving the drone to go to The Wreck and hopefully get some food for her and her four friends from her father. The teenagers stomachs were growling intensely of hunger as John B had drove to the restaurant.

"Stealing drones makes you hungry." Kie comments as they clamber out of the campervan.

"What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now." JJ says.

"It would not be pretty." Pope states.

Kiara proceeds to lead her four friends into her family's restaurant, greeting her father, who stood at the counter. Y/n and the boys walk past them and past some tables, standing together awkwardly as they slightly listened to the music from the speakers.

The four teenagers found themselves eyeing the food in front of them that other people had ordered and were currently eating at the moment. Glancing at one another, the four look over at Kiara and her father, seeing both of them were staring at them. Awkwardly, they all wave at their friend and her father before the two look away, talking to one another again.

"Sit down." Kie instructs as she turns to her friends.

Grinning in excitement and sighing in relief, the four do as told, sitting down at the biggest table, where eventually, their food was brought out to them, all of them eagerly digging in. Kiara had eventually stood up, now filling their cups of water.

As the Routledge siblings tossed each others food back and forth to one another, another song on the speakers came up, catching the sister's attention. John B watched his sister turn to his best friend, the girl lifting the blonde to his feet, her starting to dance.

JJ lets out a small laugh as he found himself joining in, their bodies moving to the rhythm of the song that was currently playing. The blonde grabs Y/n's hand, lifting up his arm and twirling her around, a small giggle escaping her.

When they turn to face each other again, for a small second, Y/n found herself glancing at the blonde's lips. However, it didn't last long as she glances back up, her e/c eyes meeting his blue ones.

***

The sun now shining on the group of five, they all stood on the docks together the next day. Kiara and the Routledge siblings found themselves under the water with the drone as JJ and Pope stood on the docks together.

The older Routledge sibling held his face right in front of the camera, making faces to his friends on the other side, then backing up slightly, sending them a thumbs up.

"What's this right here?" JJ asks, reaching out to touch something.

Pope slaps his hand away. "Don't touch that. I'm trying to work out this thing."

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly man." JJ comments. "What would we do without you to control the drones?"

"Technically, it's not a drone. It's an ROV." Pope corrects.

"Shut up. It's too early for that right now." JJ tells him as he watches the three resurface from the water.

"Hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim." John B informs.

"It's such bullshit. Why do we have to do that?" JJ questions.

"Well, there is maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up." Pope replies.

"I know. I know. It's just lawyers aren't cheap, bro." JJ states.

"As soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp." Y/n responds.