how babies are made/ oliver

Oliver and I's daughter was running around the house while we were making dinner and suddenly she stopped and made her thinking face, just like her father – eyes looking up, with her tiny mouth slightly open. She then came to us and climbed in Oliver's lap like she loved to do. He helped her and planted a kiss on the top of her head when she turned to him and asked:

- Daddy, where did I come from?

- Where did you come from? Mummy, care to explain? – he turned to me with big puppy eyes, letting everything to me.

- Well – I sighed – you see, baby, us girls have an organ- you know what an organ is, right?

- Yeah, mummy.

- We have an organ that is called uterus, it looks like an upside down pear, like the pears that daddy feeds you. There every month is an eggplant, which I basically like a normal egg, only it is much, much smaller than that. Then what happens, daddy? – I threw the ball at Oliver, since this was his part.

- Then I take a little magical seed, like the ones we put in the ground to grow flowers, and plant it inside mummy. And once the little seed reached mummy's egg, you grew inside her belly like a little flower.

- Where did you take that magical seed from? – she asked and I chuckled, eyeing Oliver.

- Well, I carry it inside me, baby. But I'll explain to you a little better when you grow up, okay?

- Okay, daddy. But where did I actually come from?

- When mummy carried you for long enough inside her, at the end of these nine months, you came out of the place where we pee, sweetheart – I told her, not adding too much details, because she was a three-year-old and she couldn't understand fully, even if she wanted to. Of course, when she grew up I was going to explain to her the full cycle of women's bodies.

- Does that answer your question, sweetheart? – Ollie asked her.

- I think yes.

- If you have any more questions, me and daddy are always here to answer them – I went to them and kissed her, then her father.

- Okay, mummy.

She returned to her toys after we answered her mind-twisting question and Oliver and I continued preparing the dinner. He came behind me and hugged me tightly.

- When did she grow up so fast? One day I'm changing diapers and the next I'm explaining about the magical seed. I want her to be my little girl forever.

- Yeah, they grow so fast, don't they?

I looked towards her while her attention was averted to a plush teddy bear and I could notice how her every little expression was almost identical to Oliver's.

- She looks like you so much, Ollie. Even the thinking face is yours.

- At least she got the nose from you.

- What are you talking about? I adore your nose! – I turned around and kissed the bridge of his nose lovingly. Our daughter noticed our little moment and her jealousy of her father got the best of her.

She ran to us and hugged Ollie's leg tightly, pulling on his trousers for him to hug and kiss her. He chuckled before picking her up and giving her all his love, planting kisses all over her face and hugging her tightly. I smiled at them warmly. The love she held for him and him for her was infinite. And at this age, she definitely hated sharing her father with me, so she used every convenient moment to pull him away from me and to cuddle her. I didn't mind though, because I knew it was in her nature and in every little girl's nature, even mine. She would be a daddy's girl even when she grew up, because I was the same as her. The connection between a father and a daughter is something special that no one can touch.

I watched them as Ollie sat in his chair with her lying on his chest, her hands around his neck. they were cuddling while I was serving the dinner and I almost didn't want to break their moment of bonding, because the food was ready. I decided to wait a little and watch them from aside.

- Do you promise you're going to be daddy's girl even when you grow up? – he asked her while caressing her hair. She looked at him with the same colour hazel eyes as his and smiled widely.

- I promise, daddy. I love you.

- I love you more, my little princess!

Oliver hugged her tightly and kissed her head, then her cheeks, making her giggle.

- Let's eat, shall we? – I said and went to embrace them both, giving each one a kiss.

- We love mummy as well, don't we?

- We do – she answered and took my hair in her hand, since she loved to play with it.

- I love you too, baby.

We had dinner and after it Ollie and I put her to bed, not before reading her a bed-time story, of course. She loved these and she loved her father's voice whenever he read to her. When she fell asleep Oliver and I tucked her in her blanket and he caressed her hair for a little more before we went to bed. I was never going to get tired of waking up and seeing these two, which I happily got to call my family.