the ranch/ james

This is an early present for my friend Sofia's birthday <3

James and I were married for a few years already and we had welcomed our son just three years ago. That's when he decided that he wanted to buy a ranch for our little family of three, because he had always wanted our child to grow up surrounded by animals. I was the biggest supporter of his idea and I was gladly helping him put the place in order, despite I was pregnant. We cleaned out the place, we painted it and we put a nice white wooden fence around our property. And soon, just in time when our little prince arrived, everything was ready.

I had always wanted for my baby to grow up somewhere away from the big polluted city, away from the dangerous and malicious people and somewhere away from the public eye. Our dream finally came true.

Our little boy was running around the ranch, because he was excited that his uncle, aunt and cousins were going to visit us. Oliver and Katy had two kids – one daughter and a son, and they were the perfect cousins to our son. They loved him so much and they would always play together, running around us like the little ducks we had.

- Mummy, mummy, look! – my son squealed when he saw Oliver's car approaching.

- Is that uncle Ollie and aunt Katy? – I asked sweetly, kneeling to him.

He then started jumping happily, which filled my heart.

- James, come see what he's doing!

James came out of the stable where the horses were and saw him jumping like a little rabbit.

- What's my little rabbit doing? Is uncle Ollie coming? – he picked him up in his arms and then put him to sit on his shoulders.

- Yes! – our boy clapped.

He always got so excited whenever his uncle and aunt came to visit us, because he loved them a lot. Of course, he was also happy that he got to play with his cousins.

- Go and greet your uncle – James told him and put him down.

Our son began running towards the parked car and as soon as Oliver opened the door he jumped in his arms happily.

- Where's my little man? Your uncle missed you a lot! – Ollie said and began tickling him.

- Stop, uncle Ollie! Please! – our son exclaimed through giggles and he finally let him take a breath.

James and I greeted Katy and his brother as well as their little ones that had grown so much since we last saw each other. Other people's kids really grew that fast. It always amazed me. The little Jamie was so beautiful and her little brother Mark could already talk.

- Baby, why don't you show your cousins the ducks?

- Yes, yes, yes! – he squealed and took Jamie's and Mark's hand.

All four for us were watching them as they picked the little ducks one by one and pet their heads. I remembered the first time our son saw a duck he was a little scared, but once I showed him there was nothing to be afraid of they became his favourite animals and ever since then he insisted on feeding them all by himself every day.

James and I loved horse-riding, so we had four horses that we loved very much. Other than that there were white rabbits, our dog, chickens and we had a small lake with turtles in it. I always loved animals, they were such relief from the problems in our lives and that was why James adored them too. I wouldn't be able to imagine our life without them.