self-love/ oliver

your and Oliver's daughter finds out about self-love

It was a late afternoon and Oliver and I's four-year-old daughter – Jamie and I were watching a movie together while waiting for Oliver to come home. He had been out to run some errands, so we had a girl day. I was about to fall asleep on the couch when something caught my eye. I turned my head and I saw my little bean riding one of the sofa pillows. I sat straighter and looked at her, but despite our eye contact she didn't stop.

- Sweetie?

- Yes, mummy?

- Can you stop doing that for a second? – I asked kindly.

- But it feels good – she said in her baby voice, making my heart swell.

- Mummy knows it feels good, baby, but I need to tell you some things about this, okay?

Now that I had her attention she stopped riding the pillow and listened to me.

- Jamie, this thing that you do with the pillow... this is a thing we do in private, sweetheart. This is called "self-love" and it is something only for us to experience, not to do it in front of other people, understand?

- Is it wrong then? – she questioned with her lips apart, these beautiful pink lips that she had gotten from her father.

- No, of course, it's not! It is a good thing, just know that when you want to do it, you have to be in private, sweetheart.

- Okay, mummy.

- Come here, bug! – I hugged her tightly and kissed her rosy cheeks.

My little girl was already growing up so fast. It was like yesterday when I was holding her in my hands, she was so little, and now she was already beginning to explore herself.

Oliver came home a few hours later and we had dinner together, after which we put Jamie to sleep. Oliver read her a story before bed and as always was caressing her hair lovingly. I wouldn't ever get tired of watching him with her. He loved her so much that I didn't know if it was possible to love someone so much. Ever since she fit in his one arm and even before that.

We were in bed and my head was over his chest. We liked to talk for a bit before falling asleep, catching up on the things we did that day, whenever we were tired to do anything sexual. Ollie was telling me about his day while I was stroking his cheek and getting lost in his divine scent. I loved to listen to his voice, it was so calming and relaxing like I could listen to him talk for ages. That's why I never got tired of him telling the same stories again and again whenever we were with friends, I just liked to watch him, his movements and facial expressions and to listen to his deep voice.

- What did you two do? – he got me out of my trance by kissing my forehead.

- We watched some movies, I cooked... oh, and I can tell you something, but only if you're gonna act cool about it.

- What is it?

- Today I saw Jamie riding a pillow.

- You what? - he stressed, but his tone wasn't angry or not understanding, he was just surprised.

- Oh, you know, Ollie. She just needs to explore herself and get used to her body.

- I um... yeah, I guess. I am just surprised that our four-year-old found about self-pleasure so early. Isn't she too young for that?

- I don't think so. Usually kids find about that around her age.

- Did you tell her that's a private thing?

- Yeah, I told her. And she got it. We had a little girl talk about self-love.

I pecked him on the cheek and buried my face in the crook of his neck tiredly.

- How did she grow up so fast? – he whispered, still unbelieving of the information I had just told him.

- If you wanna know, I did just the same when I was four, but you've heard nothing.

- No, no, no, you have to tell me about this! – he insisted, chuckling to himself.

- Well, I don't remember it clearly, I just knew it felt good – I laughed and nudged him in the ribs.

- You girls are something else, in all the good ways, of course.

- You are a good dad, Ollie. And I love you for that.

- You are even better mum than me, believe me! I wouldn't know what to do if I was the one to have to explain it to her.

- You'd do just as good. But it would definitely be more awkward – I chuckled and closed my eyes.

- That's for sure. Goodnight, love.

- Goodnight, Ollie.