long way pt.3/ james

A few days after James' birthday I gave him the biggest present he could receive when I gave birth to our two beautiful girls that came to us perfectly healthy. After thinking for ages about their names we finally decided that we were going to name them Susan – after James' mother, and Olivia – after his brother. Sue came first, an ambitious character like the person she was named after and she wasn't even born yet. Olivia on the other side, stayed there for a good twenty minutes after her sister, torturing me a little with her stubbornness. After the exhausting three and a half hours I had spent giving birth to them I had no energy, except to hold them in my arms and admire them.

- You don't know how long I've waited for you! – I whispered with teary eyes when James came in the room and saw me with our twin-girls.

He sat on the bed, right beside me and took Olivia in his hands.

- Is that Sue? – he asked with tears in his eyes.

- No, that's Olive, baby. I'm holding Sue – I chuckled lightly and gave him a kiss.

- I'm so happy I can't even tell you how much! Who would know my life would be complete with not one, but three girls?!

His face was beaming with happiness and pure love. James was looking at the girls like they weren't real. He constantly told me how beautiful they were and how much they looked like me, even though I thought they looked like him more. They had his beautiful hazel eyes, but the tiny cute noses were definitely from me. I looked at Olive's little fingers and wondered how such tiny fingers can exist. Of course, I had seen babies, but when I saw my babies they were even cuter to me. My children were perfect and healthy – all I could ever want was there.

- Y/n, I love you! You are the strongest woman I know. Thank you for giving me these two precious angels! – James whispered to me.

- I love you even more! – I replied as the tears of joy started running down my face.

- I can't wait to bring them home and wash them and put them in their beds, and to show them our home, everything! – he said excitedly, making me chuckle at his impatience.

- Me too.

Our precious moment was interrupted by a knock on the door, followed by Oliver and Katy entering the room. They smiled widely and came closer to us to see the girls.

- Congratulations, parents! – they both greeted and sat on the chairs beside my bed.

- How are you going to name them? – Katy asked while looking how peaceful our babies were sleeping in our arms.

- This sleeping beauty is Susan – James said and smiled at his brother childishly.

- And this other sleeping beauty is Olivia – I added and watched Oliver's face closely, so I could catch his reaction.

His mouth fell open as his eyes teared up and he almost shed a tear.

- You named her after me? – he asked unsure.

- Yes, we did – James confirmed.

- Ma- may I hold her?

- Of course you may, Ollie.

I carefully gave her to him and he held her cautiously, putting a hand under he head. He already had a child, since they became pregnant before us, even though we wanted to have kids first. Only the obstacles we encountered prevented us from being the first parents in James' family. It was quite hard for me when I learnt the news that Katy and Ollie were going to have a baby, since I wanted to have one so much. Of course, they didn't want to brag or anything, it had just happened and they wanted to tell us just before she started to show, not wanting to hurt my feelings that I still wasn't pregnant. Although I was sad throughout this time I was also happy for them, maybe not as much as when I learnt I was pregnant, but I was happy. Our time finally came and I couldn't be happier.

- Look at her! She's so beautiful! – he whispered.

- Must come with the name. Even though Susan is just as gorgeous – Oliver joked and we all laughed quietly.

- Is mom going to be happy that we named her after her? – James asked his brother.

- Of course! She'd be so flattered you did.

Oliver and Katy stayed with us for a few more minutes before they left us to rest. James put our pretty girls in their bed and laid next to me, engulfing me in a hug. I fell asleep exhausted from this tiring, but so happy day. I had never slept more peacefully before.

 I had never slept more peacefully before