scars/ james

I was crying quietly in my bedroom when I heard the door opening. It was James – my boyfriend. He liked to come and visit me without a warning to surprise me, but this time really wasn't the right moment. I wanted to be alone and cry a little every once in a while for something stupid probably, only that the thing was that it wasn't stupid for me. Like every person, I had my insecurities that I didn't tell anyone about, because I wanted to portray myself as a strong person. The truth was that inside I was a real softie and I was scared to not get hurt, because of it. I was scared that if people learned what I was insecure about, they would insult me and use it to hurt me.

- Baby, what's wrong? What are you crying about? – James asked worriedly, sitting on the bed next to me and putting his hand on my back to comfort me.

- Nothing – I replied through sobs, trying to stop my crying, but it was useless.

- Tell me, sweetheart! You can't cry for nothing – he insisted.

- Why are you with me, James?

- How come "why am I with you"?

- Do you like me? Look at me!

- I am! What do you want me to see? You're absolutely beautiful, Y/n.

- No, I'm not! I hate myself!

- Baby, don't say that, I forbid it! Why would you say such thing?!

- Because- because of my acne scars. I would be so much more beautiful if I didn't have them. They make me ugly and I hate my skin! Why would anyone find that beautiful? – I whined and cried, covering my eyes with my palms.

- Y/n, love... do you know why I love you? Every little spot on your gorgeous skin means something. These are warrior scars, they mean that you are so, so strong for that. It made you appreciate things so much more and be compassionate to other people's problems. People with scars are so much more beautiful than ordinary people, because each little spot tells a story of its own – sadness, suffering, self-love. I can't describe how much more beautiful I find you, because of it! I love every part of you and you should too. Let me show you.

He took my face in his palms and planted a kiss on my cheek, then on my other one slowly and lovingly. Wiping away my tears, James continued kissing my face, until my crying died down.

- Are you serious? You're not lying to make me feel better, are you?

- Of course not, love! You just need to believe that when I say I love you, I love every part of you! This is the most beautiful part of you in my eyes!

I sobbed a little more when he hugged me and pulled me into his chest, so I was hearing the rhythm of his heartbeat. I wrapped my arms around him and nuzzled my face in the crook of his neck.

- I love you to infinity, Y/n!

- I love you, James!

He laid on my bed and pulled me with him, positioning me to be the little spoon, and hugged me tightly. I placed my hand over his and closed my eyes, still hiccupping.

- I don't want you to have self-doubts about yourself, ever. You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Remember that.

- Okay.

- I mean it, love.

We fell asleep together and I woke up after a few hours, already feeling better. James woke up as well and I turned around to face him. He kissed me and then my cheeks once again, smiling widely while stroking my hair. Everything I needed was right in front of me.

a/n: I used to be so insecure about my acne scars, but my dad always used to tell me that whoever loves me, he'll find them beautiful, beacuse they are a part of me and make me beautiful. Remeber that you're beautiful and loved and whoever doesn't find you pretty with all your flaws is not the right person for you. You will find someone who will cherrish you in every way possible, your beauty from the inside and the outside. Never forget that!

I love you, lovelies <3