first bath/ james

It had been a day since James, I and our daughter had gotten back from the hospital. We were preparing everything for her fist bath at home. James was checking the water temperature while I was undressing her. When we were both ready I carried her to her little baby tub we had bought and gently placed her in the water, holding her head in the process. The water was only on the bottom of the tub, so it wasn't too much to be dangerous for her. Plus that, we had bought a little bath pillow to hold her head above the water.

- James, take the phone! – I gave him my phone so he could record our daughter's first bath.

He started recording the video while I poured a bit of water over her legs to get her used to the feeling. She didn't like it and started crying. James tried to get her attention so she could stop crying.

- Olive, Olivia, look at daddy! Look at me, love! – he gave her his finger and she clutched to it like she held for dear life. Her little fingers were so short that she couldn't even wrap her hand around it fully and it was so adorable.

- James, look how small her fingers are! She's precious.

- She really is. Take that for a second, please! – he gave me the phone and went to wash her.

He poured some water over her and this time she didn't cry, because she was looking at him with her lovely hazel eyes she had gotten from him. Olive really let him wash her without whining or protesting. I was amazed at how calm James could make her by doing the smallest things.

After we washed her I put her on her back so I could dry her with the towel and put on a new diaper.

- Love, can I do it? – James asked from behind me and I gladly let him. I adored watching him as a father. Olive had been home for only a day and he wanted to do everything.

- Sure, go ahead.

I watched as he dried her gently, admiring her pale skin as her little legs were kicking in the air.

- Look at her, love! Isn't she perfect?! – he exclaimed in awe and kissed her foot.

- Everything on her is perfect. Her small legs and hands, even her little bum is perfect! – he proceeded planting small kisses to her limbs and finally to her head. I hadn't ever seen him look at anyone with so much excitement and love. My heart swelled at the sight.

- Put her clothes on before she gets bitter again.

Together we dressed her and out her diaper on. I took her in my hands and laid on our bed to feed her. While she was sucking on my boob James was watching us sweetly, not being able to wipe the smile off his face.

- My two girls... you are just perfect!

- You are too, Jamie! Come here!

We kissed lovingly above Olive's head.

a/n: I'm sorry if it's a bit short, but I hope you liked it <3

btw if you have any requests, feel free to dm me or leave them in the comments, although I'd prefer you dm me.