Faith pt.2/ oliver

this one is with a happy ending; also, the capital letter was meant to be capital, you'll understand why : )

After a year and a half of trying to conceive again after my miscarriage I thought I wouldn't ever have the chance to call myself a mother, until one morning sickness made me go buy a pregnancy test again, after all that had happened. The two lines on the test couldn't have brought more joy in this world for our little family, announcing to us that we were going to become parents for the second, yet for the first time. My heart could barely take it when I saw the happy tears in Oliver's eyes as he broke down completely and kneeled to my belly, holding to me like he held for dear life. For the first time in ages we were hopeful, finally. This was going to be the new chapter of our life, if God decided to give it to us this time.

I would've lied if I said I wasn't waking up from nightmares that I had lost the baby some nights. The previous thing that happened to me was so vivid in my dreams, like I was experiencing it again. But luckily, these times I just woke up and hugged Ollie tightly while he was telling me it would be all alright, just like I wanted it to have been in the first place. I was glad he was next to me to dry my tears and calm me, to snuggle me into his warm body and put a hand over my lower belly, whispering good things in my ear.

I calmed a little after I passed the first trimester and I started seeing how my belly was starting to grow gradually, making me immensely happy. When I first noticed it I teared up in front of the mirror and called Oliver to come look at me, since he had always wanted to see me with a bump and that chance was taken away from him the first time. He was looking at me in awe, all speechless in fear he would wake up if he said anything. All I could see was his little smile every morning I woke up beside him with a bigger belly every week.

The way he kissed me and held me had become even more careful and gentle than before. He was touching me like I was fragile and didn't even want to have sex with me for the sake of the baby. I was laughing so hard at him, but I knew he all doing it of nothing but pure love towards me and this little growing bean inside me.

The night before my water broke it was like he knew it would be the last night home. We spent it by talking all night, remembering all of our good moments and the bad ones. He brought the ultrasound picture of our first and lost baby and we looked at it for so long that we lost perception of time. "I want you to remember that I was at my worst here and from now on there's only happiness, love. We need to remember the bad times in order to appreciate the better" Oliver said to me and kissed me. A single tear rolled down my cheek and I hugged him tightly when our daughter decided to kick me. "Ouch" I said and chuckled, lifting up my blouse to see the little imprint of her foot on my skin, it was truly incredible. "Do you want to get out of there, hun? Don't worry, we'll meet you very soon" Ollie spoke to her and kissed my belly, like he predicted we would see her just the next day.

And it happened. I gave birth to her the next day with a lot of pain and hard work, but she was finally with us. I couldn't believe how small she was in our hands, so perfectly beautiful. I was exhaustedly laying in my bed when they let Oliver inside. When he saw me his eyes teared up and he came to kiss me, making me cry as well. I hugged him so tight before he pulled away to look at what we had created, lying peacefully in her little bed beside mine.

- Oh, my God! Is that her? – he whispered with tears still evident in his eyes.

He went to take her in his hands and she was so small and fragile-looking as he was holding her that he feared something would happen to her if he didn't hold her right.

- My little angel is finally here! God decided to give her to us at last – he said, looking at her and admiring her beauty.

- She's so beautiful, Ollie! – I wiped away my tear and patted the bed so he could lay next to me.

He sat carefully on the bed and then leaned onto the pillows, making himself comfortable next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder and looked at the small living creature in his hands that was our happiness.

- Hello, Faith! You are daddy's little angel.

- The name suits her perfectly – I smiled and looked at Oliver as his eyes teared up once again.

- I can't believe she's actually here. I love her so much!

- I love her even more. She saved me, Ollie. She is the reason I have faith in the future.

- I love you so much, Y/n! Not only you made me the best man that I could be, but you gave me our daughter and I'll be forever grateful for that, love. You two are my everything!

- And you are our everything, Ollie!

All three of us lied like that all afternoon, until I fell asleep on Oliver's shoulder. There wasn't a thing in the world that could take away my happiness now, I fell full at last. All we needed was a little faith to see our life whole again. And what was faith? Something simple as 2,8 kilograms with her father's hazel eyes, making my heart whole again.

Faith Phelps/ 2,8 kg/ 47 cm/

(61.7294 lbs/ 1.54199 ft)

54199 ft)