Rhydonium Recovery

The Ghost jumped out of Hyperspace and sighted the Imperial Cruiser as it glided through the barren void that is space. Hera masked the ship's signature so it wouldn't be detected and their plan was set in motion.

Aurek was in the cargo hold with Kanan, Zeb and Sabine who were readying themselves for a possible firefight. The ship attached itself to the Hull of the cruiser and a hatch opened up from the floor with a Ray shield that then deactivated when the Ghost was magnetized and Kanan cut a hole through the cruiser so they could get inside.
Aurek, climbed out next to Kanan and was followed closely by Zeb and Sabine. "I'll scout the halls to see if there are any patrols nearby." Aurek said to Kanan as he activated his Active Camo and strolled off down through several corridors. After several minutes, he returned and informed them of the path ahead. "There is a small team by the cargo bay where the Rhydonium is being stored. Nothing we can't handle."
"Is it far to the Bay?" Kanan asked.
"No. Just a couple of turns and we're there."
"Are you sure? Don't want the whole shop to know we're here now do we, Aurek?" Zeb said with a mocking tone.
Aurek just rolled his eyes and led them down the halls.

Soon, they heard a beeping noise and found a MSE droid patrolling the corridor which seemed alerted to their presence. It rapidly wheeled off but was caught by Aurek who activated a Harpoon that was mounted upon his wrist to grab it and he then chucked it towards Zeb who crushed it in his large hands. "That was too close!" Kanan sighed as they made their way to the cargo bay.

There were only two guards by the door and Zeb easily knocked them out and the group dragged their bodies in through the door as they entered to hide them from the prying eyes of any other patrols that would pass through.

Inside the cargo hold were stacks upon stacks of canisters filled with Rhydonium. "Whoa. That is a lot of fireworks!!!!" Sabine exclaimed in awe at the sight of the explosive solutions. "You mean fuel right?" Aurek asked in a concerned tone.
"I meant what I said, Aurek" Sabine retorted rather rudely.
"Grab as much as you can and plant detonators on the rest so we can cover our exit." Kanan said as he started for a canister.

Just then, Aurek got a beeping sound coming from his helmet. He walked away from the crew and asked his A.I. Evie what the situation was.
" Boss, I've found a homing beacon belonging to one of Fire team Hacksaw! "Evie replied.
"Wait what?! Seriously?" he asked quietly."Yes." Evie said."The beacon identifies as Shinobi. He's alive but I can't pinpoint his location."
Aurek was glad to know that someone from his team had survived and didn't care if he didn't know where Shinobi was. Just that someone he knew was alive. "Keep trying to find that beacon's location Evie." Aurek ordered.
"Will do Boss". Then the voice disappeared and a new one called out to him. "Aurek. Where are you?" It was Zeb. "Sorry big guy. I got distracted." Aurek replied as he made his way back to him.
"We're on an important mission. Keep your head in the game" Zeb said.
"Okay okay" Aurek was getting sick of Zeb's constant complaining. He was like Chopper sometimes but he knew that Chopper could complain about practically anything.

Sabine finished planting enough detonators on several canisters and linked them to her wrist pad. "Okay. This place is set to blow" she said.
"Good. Aurek, Zeb, grab a canister and let's go" Kanan said. The two did as they were told and made their way out of the cargo bay.

When the door opened, a squad of stormtroopers saw them and unleashed a barrage of blaster bolts in them until their commanding officer informed them not to hit the Rhydonium. So they stopped shooting.
"Huh, looks like things are going our way today (!)" Kanan laughed as he fired at the troopers as they ran back to the Ghost. Some troopers still fired at them thinking they could land a hit on the rebels instead of the Rhydonium but kept missing both instead." This is LS-217, rebels have been sighted escaping from the cargo hold with numerous Rhydonium canisters and are fleeing as I speak. Have all units converge on level 8." the Stromtrooper commander said into his comm-link.
This, however, was a futile attempt to cut off their escape. The rebels had already made it back to the Ghost and Hera and Ezra began loading the Rhydonium on board.
Suddenly, Troopers flooded in on both sides and started blasting at them.
Aurek stepped forward and held out his lower left arm opposite his chest and his right arm positioned adjacent to his hip with his hand out in a high-five position and spawned a small energy shield that guarded his entire front side. Now all he had to do was hope that the others would handle those on the other side.
"Nice job watching our backs, Aurek" Hera said as she salutes him. "No come on guys we need to go."
One by one they boarded the Ghost and Chopper detached the ship from the cruiser's Hull as the hole that Kanan had cut let the powerful vaccum of space suck out the entire battalion of stormtroopers into the dark abyss that was space.

Back on the Ghost, Hera congratulated the team on a successful mission. "Oh, I almost forgot..." Sabine said as she pressed a button on her wrist pad and the cruiser exploded as the detonators ignited the Rhydonium and it shredded the ship to pieces.
"Nicely done Sabine" Kanan complimented her.
"Now then, let's get these canisters back to the fleet. This should keep our fuel levels high for a while ." Herastated as whe climbed the ladder to the cockpit.
Aurek then followed her up, but then retreated to his room, locked the door and gathered his thoughts.

He took off his helmet and then called out his A.I." Evie.?"
" I'm here, Boss. "Evire replied as a hologram of a womanly figure was projected from his helmet. Aurek sat red at her and said,"Did you find the location of Shinobi's beacon?" with hope in his voice.
"Unfortunately not. I couldn't continue the search for its location when the cruiser was destroyed."
Aurek thought for a moment and then realised something.
"Are you able to tap into Imperial frequencies?"
"When near a main Imperial comms network, yes I can." Evie replied.
"Is it possible that their network amplifies the signal which is why it was detected on the shop when we entered?" Aurek asked.
"Give me a moment" Evie's hologram then disappeared for a second and then reappeared. "Your theory is correct." she said. "Their network sent out a stronger signal for us to find. If you want me to find that beacon again, I need you to find another Imperial relay."
Aurek couldn't believe this. He could find Shinobi, a good friend of his who also shared Aurek's compassion for music. Once he found him, he could help him find any others who were scattered across the galaxy.

He just had to be patient.