Memory Of The Past

Aurek's escape pod crashed almost a mile away from the Ghost's landing area on the outskirts of Capital City.
Aurek kicked the hatch open and crawled out. Oh Ezra, Sabine, you two had better find a damn good place to hide because when I'm through with you, you'd wish that I had killed you Aurek thought to himself as he headed off for the ship.

As he walked with simmering rage coarsing through his body, Evie recommended he listen to some relaxing tunes to calm him down. "I don't want to calm down Evie." Aurek replied. "I want to release every ounce of resentment I have one those two when I see them."
"I understand that their behaviour has brought back some painful memories, Boss, but you must understand that they won't fix the past." Evie replied.
"Oh what do you know!!!!" Aurek screeched at the voice in his head. "You were only assigned to me two months after what happened to me and my team on Meiler and I know that you were actually assigned to me for my mental well-being instead of being an advanced piece of equipment for me to use in the field! They might say it was part of my success and survival on Meiler but that mission wasn't a success okay? What I witnessed forever changed me and I have tried hard to leave that behind. But these "kids" have caused enough for me to remember and I have reached my breaking point!"
"You don't have to do this, Anubis. Please listen to me.... Please listen.... James." Aurek stopped walking.
"Evie?"
"Yes, sir?"
"Shut down now."
"Excuse me, sir?"
"You heard me. Shut down now."
Evie reluctantly obeyed and went offline. Aurek's armour was dormant of an A.I. Unit.

"Sorry, Evie. But you know that James died on Meiler when my group perished." Aurek said to himself.

After a long walk across the grassy plains of Lothal, Aurek finally reached the Ghost. Inside he felt broken. He didn't know what to think, he even didn't feel like giving Ezra and Sabine a beating after what Evie had said to him.
"Aurek" Hera called upon sighting him. The armoured warrior walked up to her and stood in front of her looking rather empty. "Thank goodness you're okay. When I heard that you had died.... I actually didn't know what to think. Anyway, Ezra and Sabine have something they would like to say to you..." Hera then turned to the two teens who seemed rather ashamed with themselves. After Aurek contacted Hera from the Rebel corvette, she had given the two a thorough talking to. When they finished talking, they never felt so disappointed with each other in all their lives.
They even told Hera about how Zeb treated Aurek just like they had done and Hera then gave Zeb the same lecture she had given the teenagers which made the Lasat feel dishonoured with himself.

"We're really sorry with how we've been treating you Aurek." Ezra said shamefully. "Yeah. We regret what we've done to you and want to make it up to you." Sabine added. "Lying about someone being dead and then leaving them to be captured is a really twisted thing to do."
All the while, Aurek just stared at them blankly and then walked off into the Ghost and to his room where he locked himself inside.

He stayed in there for almost a week which gave Hera and Kanan great concern. Ezra, Sabine, and Zeb (who all no longer felt resentment towards Aurek) were worried as well. They feared that it was their fault that Aurek was like this now, unaware that it was what lay in his past that was really bothering him.

James. James. James, why would she say that? Aurek thought aloud. No one had called him that in a long, long time. The word haunted his mind and drove him crazy. His eyes met his helmet that sat on the sideboard and began to wonder whether Evie was trying to help him or comfort him or even both. But she was a computer program. What would she know?
He honestly didn't know anymore.

Eventually, Kanan had had enough and ordered Chopper to override the door control and let him help Aurek with whatever was wrong with him. Chopper opened the door and Kanan walked in and saw Aurek lying on his bed as he stared up at the ceiling. "You okay, Aurek?"
"You know what? I'm actually doing great!" he replied. He'd had several days to think and he knew what he was going to do. He stood up and made his way for the door. Kanan looked at him and realised he wasn't wearing his helmet. No one aboard the ship knew what he looks like underneath since he always kept it hidden from them. "I'm gonna get some exercise in for today" Aurek said as he grabbed his helmet and made his way to the common room.

When he got there, he saw Zeb playing holo chess with Sabine. As he walked in, they both looked up and then walked over to greet him. "Hey, Aurek. We are so sor-" Zeb began but Aurek cut him off. "Not to be rude Zeb, but I hate apologies so bad so can we just forget about all of this please?" Aurek said.
"Of course" he replied.
"Thank you. Now then, where's Ezra?" Aurek continued. "He's on a mission with Commander Sato to find out what happened to a missing ship that we lost contact with a while ago." Hera stated as she walked in. Wait a minute. Aurek thought to himself. This is the episode with the Interdictor Star Destroyer. That must mean that if it follows to script accordingly, the time line must be back on track. But he had to be certain." Hey, Sabine?" Aurek asked as he turned to the Mandalorian. "Yes Aurek?" she replied.
"What happened between you and that Ketsu girl on Garel?"
"Oh, she realised that I still cared about our friendship and she helped us escape the Imperials and even assisted us in delivering the courier to our Client on time." Sabine answered him with pride.
That confirms it. The time line is back on track.

What a stroke of luck for once...