The Beacon

Anubis had made it into the Imperial Complex with ease, but having the Loth-Cat tailing him from behind made it difficult to be stealthy. Yet, it managed as a great distraction for Stormtroopers so he could sneak by without draining too much power on the Active Camo.

"I think this little feline is more useful to us than you let on Anubis!" Evie stated, but he was listening. He still despised the fact that the furrball was still following them. Why can't I get rid of that bag of fleas?! He thought to himself.

After several minutes of sneaking through the halls of the Imperial Complex, Anubis dashed into a nearby weapons locker where he began to recharge his Active Camo Unit. "Recharge will take less time than expected..." Evie informed him as he sat down. "Good to hear" he replied.

It was then that he noticed the Loth-Cat rubbing its head across Anubis' leg as a sign that it wanted to be stroked. Reluctantly, Anubis reached out with his hand and gave the Cat three pats on the head and immediately pulled away. "Warming up to our little friend now are we, Boss?" the A.I joked.
"How much longer are we going to be waiting?" Anubis asked in an attempt to change the subject before he got mad. "About 3 minutes." she replied.

Anubis' helmet then make a clicking sound as a song started to, quietly, fill the room.

(Surrender by Cheap Trick)
Mother told me, yes she told me,
I'd meet girls like you.
She also told me, stay away,
You never know what you'd catch.

Just the other day I heard of a soldier falling off,
Some Indonesian junk that's goind round.

That was about as far as Anubis got into the song before the door swung open and two Troopers walked in and saw the armoured warrior sitting on the floor. Before the twi could raise their weapons and fire at Anubis, he immediately leapt up from the floor and grabbed them both by the heads as he smashed them into each other and threw them at the wall, knocking over a rack of weapons in the process.

"Well l, that made some noise. We better go." Anubis said as heade his way out. "Evie, how much charge do we have on the Active Camo?"
"About 87%. So around 13 minutes worth until recharge." she replied. "That's enough for us to make it though." she added.

Soon enough, Anubis left the locker, still with the Loth-Cat following him. What amazed him was how the cat knew where he was even though he was camouflaged half the time. But, he decided not to dwell on the thought too much.

After a while, they made it to a turbo lift and Evie instructed Anubis to go to Level 13. The moment the door closed, he deactivated his Camo to let it recharged and looked down at the Loth-Cat that stared up at him with a ridiculous open-mouth smile on his face. "What am I going to do with you?" he said to the cat.

Upon passing Level 8, the turbo lift stopped and the door swung open to reveal an Imperial Officer clutching a Datapad in his hand to walk in.
Fortunately, the moment the door opened, Evie automatically turned Anubis' Active Camo back on.

As the officer walked in he sighted the Loth-Cat and was caught off-guard.
"What the- How did you get in here?!" he said as he bent down to grab the cat before Anubis shoved him out of the lift and pressed the button for Level 13 again before the officer could recover. "That was a risky move." Evie exclaimed. "You think I don't know that?" Anubis retorted. "We've got to hurry"

The turbo lift reached Level 13 and Anubis decided to sprint to the Communications room instead of sneak his way past the guards. It was likely they knew that they were there anyway so there was no point.
Making his way down the hall, Anubis was suddenly grabbed by someone who pulled him into a nearby supply closet. At first he panicked but then was ready to attack the one who ambushed him.

"Don't make a sound!" a voice hissed as Anubis heard the sound of dozens of feet thumping down the corridor outside. Eventually, the sounds died down and Anubis was released from the ambusher's grasp.

"Lieutenant Anubis, I always thought stealth was your specialty!" came a gentle, feminine voice.
Beneath his helmet, Anubis' eyes widened as he recognised the voice. "Scout, is that you?" he asked out of hope.

"The one and only" the voice said again as they turned on the light to the supply closet which revealed an armoured warrior, like Anubis, in Jumpmaster armour and a Scout helmet in the colour of Gunmetal grey with patches of yellow

As part of Fireteam Hacksaw, Scout was one of three siblings who played a key part in Hacksaw's campaign throughout the Covenant War against humanity. She had on younger sister codenamed: Seeker, and an older brother codenamed: Hadfield. The three always worked perfectly well together in sync making them extremely deadly to foes.

"It's so good to see someone else!" Anubis sighed as he bumped her fist with his. "I've been searching fr others for so long I thought I only survived!"
"Don't worry Anubis. A lot of us are still alive." Scout replied as she pulled him to his feet.
"Really? How many?" he asked.
"Nephthys, Commando, Atlas, Dynast, and Helljumper, as well as my siblings." she said.

The last name was a huge relief to Anubis. Helljumper was his younger brother who had also been assigned to Hacksaw per Anubis' recommendation to Lord Hood.

"Oh, how have I not been able to locate you guys?"
"Because we deactivated our beacons upon finding each other. The eight of us winded up together after the Slipspace malfunction on our ship." she explained. "We tried to locate others without beacons because of how we thought they would be tracked by the Covenant but they don't exist in this area of space."
"But the Empire does." Anubis said as she nodded. "Yeah, we realized we were in a Star Wars universe which caused Helljumper to go absolutely mental."Anubis nodded. His brother loved Star Wars almost as much as he did.

"I have a lock on Shinobi's beacon if I can get into the Communications array." Anubis stated which he was acknowledged with be a deafening silence. Then a voice spoke up. "We must tell him." It was the voice of Brendon, Scout's A.I. "Should we?" she replied. "Yes." her A.I. insisted.

"Anubis..... Sergeant Shinobi..... was killed by unknown causes when we found him floating in the cold vaccum of space" Scout said as she hung her head low.

This struck Anubis like a kick to the face.