• Caffeine•

Sweetheart? Who's he calling sweetheart?

Okay, you walked into him, granted it was surprisingly unlike you, but there was no need to be condescending. You stepped back, removed your hands from the hard surface lurking beneath his shirt and check your watch, it read 9:01. This Jimin must be a stickler for the rules.

Maybe I do need some of that luck Hoseok wished me.

You take a step back and you can't help but scan his body as you do. Strong, you confirm to yourself. His defined muscles clung to thin fabric of his shirt, and you take note that he is one of the only men you've met that can pull off ripped skinny jeans. Scanning further upwards, your eyes landed on his.

Those eyes. I know those eyes.

A gasp left your lips as his deep chocolate pools bore in to your own. Was it fear, or something else? A flicker of inquisition registered across your features, but you dismissed it as quickly as it appeared. There weren't many places that you would recognise someone from, but none of the options on the short list were particularly promising. The corners of his plump mouth twisted into a mischievous smirk,

"Close your mouth sweetheart, you'll catch flies."

You instantly decide you don't like him.

"It's Lisa, not sweetheart." You retort stubbornly as you make an effort to break the unusually strong eye contact. Jimin ran a hand through his dirty blonde hair, and you noticed he's wearing a ring on his middle finger that glimmers in the sunlight, complimenting his eyes.

"Yeah, I know... sweetheart." He winked at you with a fake smile before sauntering into the café.

You know you're meant to follow him but your training kicked in. Fight or flight. Usually you would fight, but usually you would know what you're fighting. The smart thing to do would be to leave, go back to your apartment and research this Jimin but that would look unusual, unusual for Lisa anyway. Don't be stupid, I could have recognised him from anywhere. You've been in Seoul for a couple of weeks now, so the possibility of seeing him walking around isn't completely out of the question. I can't afford to blow my cover. Not again. Taking a calming beath, you decided to follow him into your first day.

The café is smaller than you pictured it being from your video interview with Si Woo, a kind man of about 50 whom you knew was the manager, you researched that too. Jimin did not appear on any of your searches. Scanning your eyes through the café all you see is distressed wood, local art and an assortment of books, no Si Woo. Surely he would have mentioned a change of management in the interview?

Something feels off. Strike 1.

To keep yourself safe you live on a strict 3 strike system: anything that seems suspicious or alike foul play gets a strike, 3 strikes and you relocate. The mysterious change in management is defiantly a strike.

Jimin is nowhere to be seen either, it seems you've been left alone to get on, not that you mind – he gives you the creeps.

"Don't mind Jimin, he doesn't play well with strangers."

The deep voice in your ear startled you and what happened next was completely out of your control. Hitching your breath, you balled up your right fist and swung it backwards, causing a loud groan to echo around the café. Bullseye.

Spinning to take a look at your victim, your eyes widened. Crap. A long, young man with black shaggy hair is keeled over at your knees in a uniform identical to yours. So much for making friends on your first day.

"Gosh, I'm so sorry! I really didn't mean to. You scared me, it was self-defence..."

You did mean it when you said you were sorry, it would have been nice to have a friend at work so you're not all alone in your impending feud with Jimin.

"Aah that's okay" the man said through gritted teeth. "I seem to have that effect on people, I'm Taehyung by the way, your colleague."

He winces and flashes you a boxy smile that you can't help but return.

He seems nice enough.

"Tae, don't tell me she's outsmarted you already." Crap.

Jimin's voice lingered in the air as he burst through the double doors leading to the back office, a worried look plastered over his face. But he stopped in his tracks and let out a low chuckle when he saw the pair of you. Jimin smiled at the man hurled over on the floor, a genuine smile that spread to his eyes, turning them in to half crescents. Taehyung scrambled to his feet, not wanting his friend to use this moment against him for the rest of his life.

"Not ... not ... no." Tae breathed, still recovering from your hard hit backwards. "It was a complete misunderstanding, no harm intended... right Lisa?"

"Yeah right, complete misunderstanding. I'm just a bit jumpy that's all. Eager to get going I guess!" 

Play it off, act cool, and they won't suspect a thing.

Jimin's smile faded as you spoke and he walked towards you.

"Well, that's good, isn't it? Wouldn't want to be injuring your colleagues on your first day would we now sweetheart?"

You didn't reply. You wanted to make it clear to Jimin that you weren't going to succumb to his little mind games, and you defiantly wanted him to know that you didn't like him. The room felt icy. Neither of you were talking, just staring each other out. Despite your anger, you couldn't help but notice the beauty in his eyes, and the familiarity. Tae awkwardly shuffled behind you and cleared his throat, you must have been staring at each other for quite a while. Jimin was the first one to break eye contact.

Jimin 0, Y/N 1, you thought to yourself.

"Tae, show her the ropes. She's going to need it."

Jimin span around and left the way he came. Glad he was gone, your turned to Tae to try and ease the awkward tension that filled the room.

"Right, should we get to work then?"

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

A/N

Tae be in the corner like ...

Sorry this one is a tad shorter! 😅 Here's a hot Jimin gif to make up for it 💜

I mean idk about you but I wouldn't win in a stare off against Jimin...