•New Faces•

The day went smoothly, it was now late afternoon, and you hadn't seen Jimin since he left earlier. Making friends with Tae was surprisingly easy, considering his close relationship with Jimin. Your new friend had shown you the ropes of the job and helped you when you weren't quite sure on how to make some odd coffee orders. Surprisingly you felt bad about lying to him all day, almost everything you told him was a lie. Well, you couldn't exactly introduce yourself as Y/N the expertly trained spy who was on the run from the people who gave her everything that she was and stripped her from everything she could have been. Lisa, a college dropout from Busan was a much more palatable storyline.

It was 2 hours from closing time and the café had grown quiet, Tae took this as an opportunity to chat to you. He leaned on the counter, blocking your way to the door. The tapping of his silver ring on the marble worksurface echoed throughout the café, but it was strangely melodic.

"You don't have to lie to me you know."

Shit. What did I say? 

You had got so comfortable around Tae that you couldn't remember everything that you had told him. It wouldn't be out of the question that you could have slipped up, added some details that wouldn't make sense, got your wires crossed. In your head you tried to go through all the conversations you had with Tae, but it was mainly work related and the odd joke here and there. Not recalling any mistake, you decided to play off his statement.

"Lie? What do you mean lie?" 

You rolled your eyes at the young man, trying to come across as nonchalant. But in reality, you were scanning the café for exits. There was the front door you entered through, but Tae was leaning across the counter, separating you from the door and the promise of a quick escape. His height and muscle mass excelled yours and you knew it wouldn't be an easy fight, a loud one at the least which would attract Jimin, and you didn't like your chances of a 2v1 fight. Then there were the back doors to the offices. You hadn't been through there yet and Jimin was lurking somewhere behind them, not your favourite option. Your last choice was the windows. The wall on the east side of the café was composed of large two-way windows that faced the street. Jumping through them was easier than it sounded, you had covered it in stage 6 of your training, but it would be noisy, messy and endanger civilians. The safest option was to lie and hope Tae was really one of the good guys.

"Your eyes Lisa. When you talk about your past your eyes go blank, like you're thinking about something else, like your disconnected. Don't worry, everyone has secrets, and you don't have to share yours with me. Just know that if you ever wanted to ... you know ... talk, you have someone here who will listen.' Tae lifted his hand from the counter and squeezed your shoulder in reassurance. Just like with Hobi, you could feel the cool metal of Tae's ring through your blouse and the change of temperature brought you back to your senses.

"Thanks Tae, that means a lot."

Tae's words were the kindest you had ever heard. In the Academy you had no friends, you weren't allowed to make friends. Everyone was your competition. It was nice knowing that someone had your back, even if it was a relationship built on lies and the person he thought he was supporting wasn't that person at all. Still, you gave Tae a genuine smile of thanks and he returned it.

The bell to the front door sounded, informing you that a customer had walked in. Tae turned his head in the direction of the front door and immediately dropped his arm and stepped back from you. Following his gaze, you were met with three men, all dressed in black.

The tallest man looked very serious and had bleach blonde hair, usually you didn't like the colour on men, but you couldn't deny he pulled it off exquisitely. The second man looked younger, with jet black hair and large doe eyes. To be honest he just looked excited to be there. The third man was shorter with ashy grey hair and his expression told you that he would rather be anywhere else than in the café. Tae greeted the men like old friends.