•Fight or Flight•

The door was left open. You couldn't believe it! What a stroke of luck it was for Tae to forget to close the door, this way you could escape without having to lie to anyone. You needed to run, it was your only option, unless you wanted to end up back in The Academy.

At first everything was quiet, the silence was soothing, comforting, like you were leaving everything in peace, not running. Usually when you left somewhere you were in a rush, panicked and on the verge of being caught. But not this time. This time you got to say goodbye in your own way.

Tae had told you that Namjoon called a meeting. This meant all the boys would be locked in a room somewhere, no doubt soundproof, and Jimin was laying in a bed somewhere unconcious, perfect.

You took your time strolling up the first corridor, tracing your fingers against the smooth surface of the walls. It was silly, but you didn't like goodbyes and this was your way of giving one, to their base at least. Don't get me wrong this was not your home and you were never welcome here but in some precious moments you felt like you were part of something worth while, the first time in your life that that has ever happened. Sometimes it was Hobi's laugh, or Tae's grin that made you feel comfort but you know that feeling was dangerous and futile. They were going to hand you over any day now and you'd be back where you started.

The only silver lining of that reality would be to see Sejin again. It had been too long and you missed confiding in your father figure. Since he picked you up from the orphanage with Hak Chul-Moo he had taken care of you and you wanted to return the favour. Perhaps there was a safe way of contacting him without interference from The Academy and Hak Chul-Moo finding out. You made a mental reminder to look into that possibility after you had left.

Left or Right?

You reached the end of he corridor and realised you had no idea how to get out. This place was massive, a labyrinth of corridors and rooms. This was going to be more complicated than you first thought. The uncertainty made you speed up, you were now speed walking through different corridors and rooms trying to find the front door but with no luck.

You turned one last corner and then something caught your eye.

A reflection?

No, it couldn't be.

It had only been a maximum 5 minutes since the boys would have started their meeting, there was no way they were done already, right? Ahead of you was a short corridor leading into a large open room with white and black square ceramic tiles covering the floor and the walls.

The interesting thing about ceramic was that it showed reflections, and you had impeccable eyesight. Distorted in the polished tiles on the far wall was a reflection of a man dressed head to toe in a black uniform, a uniform that was all too familiar.

He was from The Academy. And he was about to turn the corner and see you.

Shit. SHIT.

Not knowing what else to do, you turned back around the corner you had previously come from, hoping that the man didn't see you turn and walk away. Was this all part of the plan? Did the members want to make you feel somewhat accepted, leave your door open and give you hope only for a sadistic game of cat and mouse to take place that they were no doubt watching on CCTV Somewhere?

I should have known better.

The next decision you made was easy. You had two options: fight, or flight? And every fibre in your body was screaming flight. You didn't know your way out and you didn't know how many agents from The Academy were coming after you.

Flight.

You were about to run but were stopped in your tracks as the lights turned off around the base, for a moment you were submerged in complete darkness and so was your mind. You didn't have any weapons on you, the only protection you could provide was your bare hands and that wasn't going to get you very far against the weapons they would have brought with them.