•Bird's Eye View•

She screamed in her sleep. Jimin knew she didn't know of this, she wouldn't want to show them any weakness. 

"Hyung, I don't know if I like this plan. Something doesn't sit right with me." Jungkook was sitting next to Jimin on the other side of one of the mirrors while snacking on some Gimbap. Y/N had been screaming intermediately for an hour now and it was too much for the youngest of the bunch. His large doe eyes dimmed with empathy.

"We can't send her back there Hyung, look at her! Tae Hyung doesn't want to anyway, Yoongi Hyung think she could be useful and it just doesn't sit right with me, I can tell it doesn't sit right with you either." 

The maknae was right, it didn't sit well with Jimin. He had known Jimin for a long time now and he could tell that he was hiding something from them. And, he was right. It was like there was something pulling Jimin towards the girl and he too didn't like seeing her in pain,  it caused him pain. Since brining Y/N to their base Jimin hadn't left the not-so-secret room behind the mirrors, the only occasion to leave was to go in to hers. He told the boys it was a precaution, that he didn't want anything to go wrong in the first mission that he was in charge of, but this wasn't exactly true and the boys weren't 100% buying it. 

He couldn't stop looking at her but looking at her was painful. He knew he couldn't do anything to soothe her and make it go away or do anything at all to act on his feelings. Distance and arrogance was key. 

"JK, you know if we don't giver her back The Academy will come after us. There will be questions and no doubt a fight. Do you really want to put your brothers in danger?" Jimin felt guilty for making Jungkook's earnesty look unthoughtful, but he didn't want to give him hope or give himself away, Jungkook wasn't the best at keeping secrets. 

Jungkook stared back at Y/N as she squirmed in her sleep, her unconscious mind reliving the terrors of her past and Junkook knew his answer immediately.

"Yes Jimin, I think I would. And I think they would say the same. There's something about her that's different, and you know it too." And with that JK took one last bite from his gimbap and left Jimin to his thoughts. 

There was something different about Y/N Than their usual clientele. The Academy doesn't usually require you to bond with the clients for exactly this reason. Empathy. It was one of the only human emotions that The Academy failed to completely compress and both Jimin and the boys were feeling it. 99% of the time they didn't get to see and consequences of their actions, they just go in, get the job done and leave for the next one. 

Jimin couldn't help but wonder if this was part of The Academy's plan all along, like a deranged test. Make them bond with a beautiful girl and then give her up to the very thing that terrifies her to prove their loyalty. It was inhumane, too far even for The Academy. This is what made Jimin pull out his phone and text Yoongi. 

Jimin: I've changed my mind, you can talk to her.

Kitty Hyung: Thank you Jimin Ssi, I knew you'd end up changing your mind😉

Jimin smiled at Yoongi's response and put his phone back in his pocket. His Hyungs knew him too well for him to hide anything but they wouldn't ask questions and he appreciated that. It would keep them safe.

It wasn't long before Yoongi was talking to Y/N, Jimin watching the whole thing of course. He didn't appreciate Yoongi's smirk in his direction that clearly puzzled Y/N, but he couldn't commit any retaliation out of fear of his feelings being exposed. Instead, he threw one of Joon's mini figures that he left laying around at the mirror.

 Jimin's anger faded however when Yoongi started talking about the mirrors. Y/N's eyes went wide, and even though her words didn't give anything away, her expression did. She hated the mirrors. Instinctively Jimin wanted to eradicate this fear, it may be the cause of her nightmares. He decided he would get to the bottom of it one day, but he knew this day was not likely to come.

Yoongi left the room smiling and went straight to join a glaring Jimin. He sat down and rolled his eyes at the younger. "Why so serious, Jimin Ssi? She'll be fine, I even think she'll like it. And if you're that worried you can join us. I'm sure Y/N will perform better if she has a target."

"I don't know if that's the best idea Hyung I-"

"Oh come on Jimin, it could be fun! Anyway, the more tests I get on these developments the better it is for all of us. Not to mention you'd get some quality time with you know who..."

"Okay fine, fine! I'll help. But only to make sure you don't injure her, The Academy wouldn't like that."

"Perfect." Yoongi stood up with a newfound spring in his step. "I'll see you this evening, I've just got some... last minute touch ups to add."

This didn't fill Jimin with much confidence.

Well, what's the worst that can happen... 

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊