•It Rains, It Pours•

The rain cascaded from the sky like the the heavens were crying, it's icy liquid pooling on the pavement beneath you, creating unwanted mirrors to litter the short walk back to your base. You didn't want to see your face as this was one of the last days you would wear it. One of your last days as Lisa. Tomorrow you would have to dye your hair a new colour, perhaps even cut it, and get a piercing or two just to through them off your scent.

You were certain that the boys had something to do with them, there were too many coincidences. First, your manager who did the interview for the café disappeared with no solid explanation. Second, the men in Hobi's apartment and the hushed whispers you heard both then and in one of the backrooms of the café. Third, Jimin's disappearance today and Jin turning up at the café with an injury. It was all too suspicious to be nothing and the quicker you could get out the better. 

Something within you wanted to say goodbye properly though, like you had an invisible tie to the boys that even you couldn't figure out. It wasn't like you owed them anything, you got this job on your own, and you were leaving on your own. Again. Tae was always lovely to you though, apart from the blip today, and Hobi recommended the job to you. The brief encounters you had with the rest of them weren't enough to judge them accurately, apart from Jimin who you knew you didn't like.

You stared down at the puddles now and recognised that a sadness laid across your features. You really wanted this one to work out. Looking down, you noticed the laces to your all black converse were untied so you bent down to tie them up. As your footsteps seized, the only sound that you could hear was the rain pounding down on the pavement around you. You felt completely alone. Despite this, your days as a spy kicked in and you couldn't help but check your surroundings. Everything seemed normal, no cars were driving in the rain and no birds were brave enough to face the conditions. The only thing that put you on edge was the solitary man walking about 30 meters behind you, all in black with a hood up. The heavy rain had masked his footsteps. Through the rain his features were impossible to make out. 

Despite you stopping and taking up the whole path, the man didn't slow down to accommodate you, if anything he looked like he was speeding up.

Instinctively, you pulled your keys out your pocket and placed each one between your fingers forming a fist. The unique thing about your keys was that in the longest key a minute needle was enclosed that only showed itself when experiencing direct contact, a punch for example. Then, a liquid form of the gas you lined your windows with at your apartment was administered in to your victims blood stream, knocking them out instantly but not killing them. You didn't want to do that anymore. 

You stood up and started walking quicker than you were before. And it seemed the man had too as he was about 20 meters away now. 

That's close enough.

You crossed the road, jogging now to gain more distance between you and the man. If he crossed now it was likely he was on your tail and you had to come up with a new plan. Carefully, you glanced past the edge of your hood and your suspicions were confirmed. The man lightly jogged across the road. You didn't want to fight him but you could if it came to it. 

Right change of plans

If the man was following you, it was likely that he already knew where you lived,  but you knew you couldn't go back to your apartment and reveal your base just incase. You made a new plan to walk the man to somewhere busy, a nearby supermarket a few roads away and loose him in the crowds. Easy, you just had to stay ahead of him. 

Your eyes landed on the man's silhouette in the wing mirrors of cars that you walked by, confirming that he was still following you. The grip on your keys got tighter, and the hairs on the back of your neck stood on end. Despite your efforts the man was getting closer and closer and you were running out of time. He would have you before you reached the supermarket. Suddenly, you remembered the recording you prepared on your phone incase something like this happened. You didn't like using it, the recording was more of a deterrent than a guarantee to safety and it was not fool proof. But it was your last resource before you'd have to turn and fight the man.