•Echo's of The Pit 2/2•

A/N

💜!BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!💜

So I did a thing........ 👉🏼👈🏼

This book now has a Spotify playlist!!

Username: Bangtanbean

Playlist: Deception PJM

Link: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6kaah9pTXQSMtdPmfEfE4i?si=e1bdbcf7423d4f7e

It's an accumulation of songs that inspired me to write this book so I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I do!😚

Here's part 2 of the previous chapter, its a long one but quite important.

Also sorry that the boys aren't featuring too much at the moment but don't worry that's all about to change...

💜Enjoy💜

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

You gasped for air as you opened your eyes, the bright light from the over head lamp bringing you back to your senses. The last thing you remembered was a tightness in your throat as you tried to pick the lock of a chain tied to your ankle underwater. Now, you found yourself laying on a steel tray in a medical gown, head throbbing and wired up to machines.

"Oh thank god you're awake, you had me worried there for a minute kiddo"

Sejin rushed over from the corner of the room disheveled and fatigued. The pile of blankets he left behind him informed you that he had spent the night in this room with you. You opened your mouth to speak but no words came, your bottom lip hung quivering in the air. Your eyes met his and the concern they held made you burst into tears. He quickly grabbed you into a fatherly embrace and let you sob into his shoulder. The previous days events had rushed back to you all at once in a demented contortion of images and you couldn't tell what was real and what was a dream.

"Sejin" you whispered, quiet enough for only him to hear. "What happened down there, you know in ... um, The Pit."

The words were harder to say than you thought.

"Well Y/N, where do I begin?"

He pulled up a chair from across the room and organised the thoughts in your head.

"As you now know, when one enters The Pit they face a series of challenges specially designed to test and push agents to their limits. For example, sword fighting, mazes, hand to hand combat that kind of stuff   - which you excelled at by the way. People usually finish when it gets to the chemical warfare element, they miss a trick and fall unconscious or mix their chemicals wrong and things end badly. You on the other hand ... didn't. You got the farthest anyone has ever got in The Pit."

The information didn't please you like it would have most people, and it didn't seem to please Sejin either.

"After the chemical warfare stage ... things got more complicated. I tried to convince them to pull you out but they wanted to see how far you could go. I'm sorry Y/N it must have been unbearable, no one has done those challenges in years, they're barbaric..."

The rest of Sejin's speech was a blur and all that remained in your mind was the pain.

"Mirrors, I um ... I remember a lot of mirrors"

"That would be from the mirror maze, but the reflections weren't real Y/N they were holographic images, you never did any of the things you saw."