Chapter 1:

Disclaimer: If you want to read this fanfiction with your name written down, download the following Chrome extension. It will change "Y/N" to your actual name. 

InteractiveFics: https://bit.ly/3yhWTZv

"Y/N, we've assigned you to clean the offices located in the west area," the supervisor said carelessly. Y/N quickly finished cleaning the floor from the room she was currently in, gathered all the cleaning supplies she was using, and went to the offices assigned to clean.

Y/N had just started to work as a maid a couple of months ago. Ever since she had failed to graduate from the training corps, her family became very disappointed in her.

Both of her parents always had extremely high expectations of their two daughters. Y/N's older sister, Anna, had gotten the highest score from the 102nd training corpses. She was now part of the survey corps and would fight along with other cadets for the sake of humanity against the titans. Of course, her parents were incredibly proud of her and her achievements.

On the other side, there was the youngest member of the Kaiser family. Y/N had utterly failed to graduate from the training corps, which made her parents disappointed in her. She eventually ended up applying for many different jobs, and after many rejections, she ended up getting a job as a maid.

After what seemed forever, Y/N got to the offices that she was assigned to clean that day. She started by cleaning all the surfaces and reorganizing some books on the bookshelf while she kept thinking about her current family situation. She was so deep into her thoughts that she didn't notice the guy walking inside the office.

Y/N got cut off from her thoughts by his presence. She assumed the guy that just walked in was either the owner of the office or maybe even a superior of some sort before she turned around to face him. "Oh, sorry, sir. I'm almost done cleaning. It will only take a couple of minutes," Y/N said as she started to clean the windows.

Captain Levi Ackerman, Captain of the Special Operations Squad and considered humanity's strongest soldier. Levi kept walking around in circles around his office. His hands always behind his back as he carefully looked around the office, almost as if he was looking for something he could complain about. Levi then locked his gaze on the bookshelf Y/N had just cleaned and walked towards it while rolling his eyes. He dragged his index finger across the surface and turned around and face Y/N with an annoyed face. "Is this what you call clean?" he said in a slightly angry tone. Y/N turned around and noticed the dark gray layer of dust built on the captain's finger.

Y/N, slightly embarrassed, started apologizing for her cleaning mistakes. She went over to the bookshelf and decided to clean it a second time. Levi mopped his finger with a handkerchief in disgust before he sat down at his desk.

While doing paperwork, he couldn't stop looking at her. She seemed very familiar, but he couldn't tell who she reminded him of. The girl was relatively small for someone her age. Levi himself was barely taller than her, which he hardly ever encountered.

Y/N kept cleaning the office while trying not to look directly at Levi. She had heard stories of him, mostly from her sister, of how skilled he was at killing titans. She had never had the chance to see him in person. He was wearing the regular survey corps uniform with the wings of freedom emblem on his back. In her mind, he was a lot taller. At least from what she knew, most people from the survey corps were very tall.

Y/N was caught off from her thoughts by Levi slightly slamming a bunch of paperwork against the table while he stood up annoyed. "You are not supposed to clean the wooden floor with a mop as wet as that! The wood will swell from all the water you are using, and you'll ruin it," he said, walking towards Y/N and grabbing the mop of her hands without asking. Y/N took a step back, surprised by the captain's actions.

"You can go now. I'll finish this myself," he said, squeezing the excess water out of the mop, and proceeded to clean the floors in anger. Y/N was slightly shocked by the captain's attitude. She frowned and walked out of the office.

'What an asshole,' she thought.