Chapter 4:

Y/N walked out of the office, and once she knew Levi couldn't see or hear her anymore, she ran out of headquarters. Many people were outside since it was barely noon. She walked to the back of the building, where there is usually no one around. Once she was convinced that she was alone, the tears came back immediately. She leaned against the wall and let her body slide against its surface until she found herself curled into a ball as she cried while hugging her knees.

'You're such a crybaby, Y/N.' she thought as she got mad for showing her emotional side to a stranger that was also her superior. She always found it embarrassing to cry in front of others. Showing that much vulnerability for something so stupid was embarrassing in so many ways.

At the end of the day, she wasn't quite sure why she had suddenly started crying. It's not like she hadn't heard similar or even worse comments than what the captain had said. Until then, she had been able to hide the pain of everyone thinking you were a failure quite well.

'Maybe it's because the captain always has that intimate look on his face all the time no matter what. It doesn't matter if he's happy or angry. Come to think of it, he never seems to be happy either way,' she thought to herself.

Y/N kept thinking about what just had happened until she realized how tired she had suddenly gotten. It must have been because of all the cryings since her eyelids felt heavier every second. While still being in the same curled-up position against the wall, Y/N couldn't help it anymore and closed her eyes, falling asleep almost immediately.

It was starting to get dark outside. Headquarters was starting to get empty since most people would go home or to the barracks. Levi, on the other side, would stay in his office most of the time. Levi stepped closer to the window next to his desk before opening it to get a better view of the night sky.

It didn't matter how long he had been on the surface. He was still amazed by the look of the sky no matter what time of the day. He used to live in the underground: a subterranean city beneath the town's capital where there was no possible way to see the sky or receive any sunlight. Levi was lucky enough to move to the surface once he joined the scouts.

Levi's contemplating got interrupted by a group of young adults walking near headquarters. They were suspiciously close to the exit of the building as if they were waiting for someone. Of course, Levi was way too high for them to see him, but Levi could observe them perfectly. He could sense something was off about those people.

After a couple of minutes of the same people waiting at the exit from the building and Levi secretly observing them, he noticed how another group member seemed to have come back from behind the building. He appeared to signalize them to follow him before everyone walked towards the direction he showed them. Some of them even looked around as if they were making sure no one saw them. Levi rolled his eyes and close the window as he went back to his office.

Y/N slowly opened her eyes from hearing people mumbling around her. "Are you sure this is her?" one of them asked. "I'm 100% sure this is her," the other guy stated. Y/N suddenly felt how someone took her arm and pulled her up aggressively. The next thing she noticed was how someone wrapped their arms around her torso and pushing her body against theirs so that she couldn't move at all, while the other hand was covering her mouth, making it impossible for her to scream.

She tried as hard as she could to resist. Trying to kick the person behind her or shaking herself aggressively to free herself from the grip. Y/N then noticed two guys in front of her. They seemed to be in their mid-thirties. Both of them very tall and intimidating. "How much do you think her family will pay for her rescue," one of them asked. Suddenly it was clear to her what the 3 men were intending.

She proceeded to resist, but it was no use at all. After all, she was considered small-framed. After being unemployed for a long time and getting a minimal salary, now working as a maid, affording food wasn't as easy, which made her underweight. It was effortless to lift her or force her to move.

The man holding Y/Ns' mouth shut wrapped around a piece of cloth around her open mouth and tied her hands around her back before throwing her over his shoulder to carry her. The three men started walking along the dark alley, carrying Y/N along their way.

"Hey!"