Chapter 5:

"Hey!" someone behind them said. Y/N was able to glance at Levi, who was now charging towards them at full speed before the guy carrying her turned around only to see a foot being shoved into his face.

The guy lost his grip around Y/N's torso, and from the impact of the kick he had gotten, Y/N was thrown against the wall in the small alley. Unable to protect her head with her arms, she ended up smashing her head against the brick wall since she was restrained. Y/N, who now felt highly dizzy, unwillingly rolled her eyes to the back of her head and almost immediately passed out from the concussion.

"What the hell!" yelled the man, now covering his broken, bloody nose. He looked up only to reveal Levi glaring at them. "That was a mistake, shorty," the tallest of them said, charging towards him. He threw a punch towards Levi's face, but it was all in vain. Levi easily dodged it, and while the tallest guy realized this, Levi was already kicking the back of his knees, making him fall to the ground. As the guy tried to stand up again, the only thing he could see was Levi's fist shoved into his face, knocking him out completely.

Levi turned around, now to face the remaining two men standing in shock, completely frightened of Levi, one of them still trying to stop the nose bleeding. "Scumbags. What do you plan on doing with her? Sell her? Assault her?" he growled, walking towards them. "No- none of that. We just wanted to d-demand a ransom to her family once we kidnapped her," the one who hadn't been injured yet said, stuttering in fear. "Ransom..?" Levi asked, confused as the 2 men began to slowly back off with their eyes widened and slightly shaking in fear before they turned around, sprinting in the other direction, trying to get away from Levi as much as possible while leaving Y/N behind. Levi didn't even bother running after them.

This whole time Levi's facial expression hadn't changed at all. His face remained expressionless, almost as if he was bored during the fight. "Tch, disgusting," he said as he realized there was some blood from the guy he punched earlier.

Levi walked towards Y/N, who was still unconscious with her hands tied behind her back and mouth shut. She must've injured her head pretty badly. Most of her face was covered in a stream of blood that started at the top of her hairline.

Levi kneeled, untied her hands, and removed the cloth from her mouth. He then put his arms underneath her torso and knees and lifted her. Levi looked at her blood-covered face, and as much as he wanted to deny it, he felt responsible not only for her concussion but also for the attempted kidnapping. He sighed, trying to push his thoughts out of the way, and made his way back to his office with Y/N in his arms.

...

Y/N slowly opened her eyes as she noticed how dizzy and blurry her vision was. Not even a second after opening her eyes, she felt the extreme pulsing pain around her head. She groaned and winced in pain as she put her hand on the area where the pain was coming, only to notice the bandage wrapped around her head that stopped the bleeding.

She looked around and realized she wasn't home at all. Not only that, but she was sitting on a chair inside Levi's office.

Then the flashbacks started. 'I was crying behind the building after Levi insulted me...then I fell asleep and woke up with these random men who tried to kidnap me until the guy carrying me was kicked by,' she thought but got interrupted by the door behind her opening.

"Oh, I see you're conscious again," Levi said, carrying a tray with a tea jar and two cups. He walked over to the table while Y/Ns confused look followed him. "Y/N right?" he asked her only to get a confused nod in agreement back. "How is your head?" he asked as he poured the tea into the two cups. "What happened. What time is it?" she asked, holding her wound in confusion.

"It's one in the morning," he said. "Some guys tried to kidnap you, and you ended up smashing your head against a brick wall once I kicked that bastard's face to let you go. You've been unconscious for the past couple of hours," he said, handing Y/N one of the teacups and sitting on his desk. Y/N took a sip of it and was surprised at how good it tasted.

"Thank you," Y/N said, looking at her tea, "I can't thank you enough."

Levi saw how the girl's head bandage was dirtied from the blood it had absorbed. It wasn't like he had never seen other people in pain or bleeding, but he couldn't help but feel bad for her. "It was nothing," he said, still looking as expressionless as usual.

He took a sip of his tea and proceeded to ask Y/N about the kidnapping. "Hey, I'm not trying to offend you or anything, but those guys said they wanted to kidnap you to demand a ransom. How is it that an underpaid maid is found in that situation?" he asked, still clueless.

"Well-" Y/N said insecurely.