Chapter 2:

Y/N ended up helping her colleges clean the rest of the building while Levi cleaned his own office. In his mind, no one was able to clean as well as he did. Most people actually knew how obsessed he was with keeping everything extraordinarily tidy and organized. That included his appearance as well.

After many hours of cleaning and helping around the building, Y/N changed back into her regular clothes and went to the bar she and her sister were supposed to meet. The bar was considered a place where most of the survey corpses and the garrison regiment would hang out after a long day.

She got into the bar and searched for Anna. Luckily for her, she soon saw her sitting at a table from across the bar. "Hey, Y/N! Over here," she said, waving as soon as she saw her sister. Y/N sat down next to her and looked around. The place was rather crowded and loud. Most people were either drunk or on the edge of passing out from drinking so much alcohol.

"I'm happy we can finally meet again," Anna said happily, cupping Y/N's hands. Anna and her squad had just come back from the latest expedition outside the walls. "I'm glad you're still alive," Y/N said, happy.

"Hey, Anna! You're here too," a deep voice said. A tall brunette guy came up to Y/N and her sister and sat down at the same table. "Guys, come over here!" the guy said, waving at a crowd of cadets. They all decided to sit down at the same table.

"Hey, Anna, who is this? Your friend?" a ginger-haired girl said with looking at Y/N, giving her a friendly smile. "This is my younger sister, Y/N," Anna said. "Y/N, these are the other people from the squad. Petra, Eld, Oluo, and Gunther," she said, pointing at each one while they greeted Y/N.

"Anyways, where is the captain? I thought he was supposed to meet us here," Petra said, looking around the place. "He should be here any second," Anna said. Not even 2 minutes after, Petra noted that the captain stepped into the bar. "Oh, there he is," Eld said. "Captain, over here," he said, waving.

Y/N turned around only to reveal none other than the guy that had kicked Y/N out of his office for being too incompetent at cleaning a couple of hours ago.

Y/N widened her eyes before he sat down close to her. "Captain Levi, glad you came. This is my little sister, Y/N," she said. Levi looked at Y/N, who was now nervously looking down. He immediately recognized her from before.

"I- eh...hi," Y/N said awkwardly while still avoiding eye contact with Levi. Levi gave her a good up and down look before opening his mouth. "Tch" was the only thing he said. "Don't worry about him. He always acts this way," Anna said.

The rest of the evening, the Squad Members and Y/N continued to talk casually until Anna had the fantastic idea to ask Y/N about her job. "Y/N, you haven't told me what you do for a living now."

Y/N started getting anxious and fidgeting with her fingers underneath the table. "Well, I... I work as a..." she said awkwardly. She could sense how the others started looking at her in confusion and suspicion—all of them except Levi, who had his usual bored face.

"I- actually started working at headquarters recently," Y/N said, which was partly true. "What? Really? I had no idea," Anna said, surprised. "Yeah, mostly at the offices of the commanders and squad leaders," she said and then realized how close she was, to tell the truth in front of everyone.

"Oh my. That means you probably knew Captain Levi already," Gunther stated as Y/N got more and more anxious each second. "Well...yeah- no! I- I mean," she said, stuttering. Everyone was paying their full attention to her now as Y/N didn't know what to say.

Levi seemed to be the only one uninterested in the conversation since he was casually drinking his tea. "She works in my office," he said, lowering his cup. Y/N widened her eyes, confused.

"Oh, so you're like his assistant or something?" Anna said, thoughtful. "Uh yeah, exactly. That's what I wanted to say," Y/N said awkwardly.

"Since when do you need an assistant?" Petra asked, confused. Levi sighed and glanced at Y/N for a second. "Well, you can always require some help," he sighed, annoyed.