Chapter 7:

Y/N woke up by the sunlight shining on her face. She looked around and remembered how she fell asleep in Levi's office after hurting her head. The pain was still there but not as intense anymore. Y/N noticed the green cloak from the scouts uniform covering her body and keeping her warm before catching the pleasing scent it had. She looked around once more to make sure Levi wasn't in the office and discreetly sniffed on the cloak.

She heard someone open the door, making her awkwardly flinch and getting the cloak away from her face before facing whoever had just stepped in. "Oh, you're awake. You slept for a long time. Now it's past noon," Levi said in a monotone voice, stepping into the office.

Y/N sighed, annoyed at herself. By that time, she should have finished at least half of the cleaning in the offices. At this rate, she would probably stay late cleaning around the insides of the building.

Y/N noticed him wearing a cloth wrapped around his head. Similar to the one she uses when cleaning. "Might as well get down to work," he said, pulling a second cloth from his pocket. He used it as a mask, covering his nose and mouth, wrapping it around the back of his neck.

Y/N looked at him, confused. "Sir, may I ask why you are dressed like that?" Y/N asked as she stood up and put the cloak aside on the chair.

"Well, as I've already said, your cleaning is lamentable," he said, pulling his mask down. Y/N froze in place. "Yeah, I remember what you said, sir. No need to repeat it," she said, slightly hurt.

"I am very strict and specific when it comes to cleaning. So if you're the one assigned to clean my office, I might as well teach you myself how I like it to be done," Levi said in a harsh tone. "I understand. I'll try my best to learn, sir," Y/N said.

After gathering the cleaning supplies, Levi started observing Y/N's cleaning and constantly telling her what she was doing wrong or disliked.

"When cleaning windows, make sure you remove the dust first. Otherwise, you'll just shove the dirt around," Levi said, supervising Y/N cleaning the window from behind.

Y/N removed the dust first, just like Levi ordered her to do. After that, she took a wet cloth and started cleaning the window in circular motions.

"No, no, no. That's not the right way to do it," Levi said, closing his eyes in annoyance, holding his fingers to his nose and between his eyes. Y/N put her hand down and faced the guy who looked like he was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Every two minutes, he would correct something he didn't like about her cleaning.

"Look, I'll just show you myself," Levi said, stepping too close to Y/N. He made her turn around, facing the window, and grabbed the hand that was holding the wet cloth.

As soon as Levi touched Y/N's hand, she awkwardly gasped, which Levi noticed but decided to ignore. Not only could she feel her heart starting to race, but also her face getting red. What made her even more nervous was that while one of Levi's hands was resting on hers, the other was resting on the window frame. Levi's was, therefore, surrounding her while she was against the window.

"Look, you have to clean the window from side to side. If you do it in circular motions, you'll just create static charge and end up attracting more dust to the window surface," Levi said as she guided Y/N's hand through the window surface in horizontal motions.

Y/N didn't even bother to ask why he knew that. She was still trying to comprehend the situation while she felt her face burning with tension. Levi continued to guide her hand while explaining unnecessary information that Y/N was definitely not listening to at that moment.

Levi was not aware of how nervous he was making Y/N. In reality, he was completely clueless when it came to anything related to romance. If anyone ever tried to flirt with him, he would not notice it or think the person was acting strange. That unless they made it extremely obvious that they were interested in him.

"Did you understand?" Levi said, letting go of Y/N's hand after he finished rambling. "Oh- yeah, I understand," Y/N lied as she tried to pull herself together, trying to hide her blushed face.

"Well, it seems like we are done then," Levi said, inspecting the room, making sure he hadn't missed a spot.

"I guess so," Y/N said, smiling. "I'll go now then. I still have to clean the other offices," she said, gathering the cleaning supplies and making her way out of the room.

"Oh, that's not going to be necessary," Levi said, making Y/N stop at the door frame, confused. "What do you mean, sir?" she asked, turning her head to face him. "I asked what offices and areas you were assigned to clean and made sure to clean those for you before you woke up," Levi said with his expressionless face.

Y/N widened her eyes once he mentioned this. She couldn't understand why he had done that for her. She looked at Levi for a while with her eyes still in surprise. There was a silence between the two in which Levi started feeling uncomfortable from the excessive eye contact. He looked away and slightly blushed, uneasy from the situation. Y/N didn't notice this since he was still wearing his mask, covering most of his face.

"I- Don't give it much thought. I couldn't sleep, and cleaning helps making me calm," Levi said, trying to remain serious.

Levi actually helped her clean the other offices in a way to apologize for his behavior from the day before, mostly because he felt responsible for her almost getting kidnapped and passing out from a concussion.

Y/N giggled, catching Levi out off guard. "Thank you sir. For everything," Y/N said, closing the door while she smiled at him.

While making her way back home, she thought how in reality, she wanted to jump and hug Levi and thank him for everything he had done for her the last two days, but she didn't know how he would react to physical touch. Not to mention they were technically still strangers.