Chapter 12:

"Ok. Let's start off from the beginning one more time" Moblit said sighing as he pinched between his eyebrows in desperation.

"I'm really sorry" Y/N said as she stood up from the floor and dusted herself up.

Erwin had asked Moblit to teach her the basics of ODM gear. She was now wearing the same uniform she once wore almost 3 years ago when she first started training.

Moblit and Y/N had spent the entire morning trying to get a hold of it. After hours of trying it seemed like Y/N hadn't gotten any better.

"Now let's try again" Moblit sighed. "Aim for a target and fire the grapple hooks" he said trying to hide the annoyance in his voice after repeating the same extraction fort the 100th time.

Y/N adjusted her ODM gear and did as told. Aiming for a tree. "Good now use your gas mechanism to reel yourself towards the tree." Moblit said.

Y/N and did as told. The gas mechanism impulsed her towards the tree but not in the way it should. The impulse made her fall towards her back and the gas mechanism just made her entire body drag across the dirt. It was only until her body was vertical to the aimed spot of the tree that she got reeled up and ended up hanging upside down.

"Y/N we really are not making any progress" Moblit said frustrated. "I'm really sorry. I'm really trying my best" Y/N said as she hanged upside down.

Moblit looked around hopeless. "Look in about 10min I have to meet my commander to help her with some research so I think we'll continue your training later" Moblit said.

Y/N nodded as she still hanged upside down. "Here let me help you with that" Moblit said before helping her get down.

...

"I'm sorry we didn't make progress today" Y/N said as they both walked out of the training area.

"It's fine. Just try a little harder next time" Moblit said as he tried not to make Y/N feel bad.

"Moblit we have you been! I told you I needed your help with some research" someone said. Moblit and Y/N both looked at the direction where that voice had come from.

Y/N saw a figure running towards them. What seemed to be a woman in her late twenties. Her hair was brown and in a pony tail and she wore glasses.

"Commander Hange, I was on my way sir!" Moblit said nervous. Hange caught up to them and stopped for a second as she bent down to catch her breath. "Look at this" Hange said exited holding what seemed to be a bag with hair.

Moblit raised his eyebrows confused looking at the bag. "Someone from the survey corps managed to cut a chunk of hair from an abnormal titan. You know what this means?" Hange asked exited as she blushed and shoved the bag onto Moblits face.

"Oh that could help us with our research and why abnormal titans are the way they are" Y/N said her thoughts out load. Moblit and Hange both looked at her at the same time. It seemed that Hange had just noticed that Moblit had company.

"Exactly! The amount of information we could get from this is huge. The possibilities are endless" she said exited handing Moblit the bag and grabbing Y/N hands. "I'm Hange Zoe. Who are you?" she asked.

...

Hange and Y/N ended up talking for hours. They all ended up walking back to Hange's office where she did most of her research. It was mostly Hange talking non stop about her research and fascination for the Titans while Y/N actively listened and added information and her opinions.

The hours went by and it had gotten dark outside. Moblit sat down in a corner as Hange and Y/N kept talking. Suddenly Moblit heard a knock on the door and shortly after that someone opening it.