Chapter Three

My hazel eyes scan over the ballroom dresses spread out throughout the luxury clothing store. The materials are soft and elegant along with the appearance, many of which include some sparkles, jewels, and silvery-gold hues. The store is completely empty, except for the three of us.

Hannah is dressed the part in her black, plunging neck, suit that looks almost identical to Victoria Beckham's. She's matched it with black heels and some gold rings. Alana and I, however, are dressed in normal clothes: jeans, hoodie, and converse. The employee's stare at us with a hint of skepticism.

"You could've told us we were going to a fancy ass store." Alana rolls her eyes. "They keep giving us looks."

"Yeah." I agree with Alana as I come to her side. Hannah glances at us from her place eyeing a ruby red gown that would accentuate her body. "I feel out of place."

Alana and I chuckle as we both say the last part at the same time.

Hannah just smirks at the dress and grabs the hanger. "Oh, calm down. At least one of us is dressed so they won't ask questions."

"You bitch." Alana laughs. "Wanted to look nice for the paps?"

"No!" Hannah shoves Alana lightly, making us giggle.

I look out the glass window to be greeted by the group of paparazzi with their big cameras. "Well, lucky you do." I look back at Hannah.

"Look, i'm sorry I didn't send out a memo, but Robbie told me about his movie premiere next week and I needed a dress- so here we are."

"What about Tom's movie? His is next week too isn't it?" Alana cocks a brow.

Hannah nods while moving to the dresses hung on one of the walls. "Yeah, but I went to his last time so I'm going to Robbie's- to be fair."

"Of course." Alana and I sing.

"You two are so annoying." Hannah clicks her tongue. "We are all mature, responsible, adults who understand that we are not exclusive."

"Then invite them both over to a movie night." Alana laughs. "We'll see how non-exclusive you guys are then."

"It's not polyamorous you shithead." Hannah hisses playfully. "That's not how it works."

"As long as you are happy." I lay a hand on her shoulder. "That's all that matters."

"Thank you." Hannah sighs contently. "Now, can I finish picking out a dress?"

"Just get that one." Alana smiles. "It'd look great on you and Robbie will love it."

Hannah nods and bites her lip. "I think so too." She gestures to the people up front. "C'mon gals, let's get going."

My phone suddenly begins to ring. The employee's frown in dislike for the shrill ringing. I quickly pull it out and find it's my dad. I show the girls my phone and nod my head outside. They shoo me off and I head out the large door.

The group of paparazzi begin to shout things at me like, "How's Hannah? What is she buying? Does Tom know about Robbie?" I'm still not used to the paparazzi and whenever they do swarm now, it's because of Hannah and not Billy. She just has more popularity since she's a star herself, dating both Tom Holland and Robbie Kay, AND is Mason Mount's sister.

She has a lot going on.

I ignore their yelling and push past them into the parking lot. I quickly answer the phone and put it to my ear.

"Hey dad." I say a bit out of breath. "How are you?"

"I'm great now that I'm hearing your voice!" I can tell he's smiling through the phone. "How are you scooter?"

"I'm doing okay." I force a smile. "I'm doing some shopping now with my friends."

"See? I told you you would make friends quickly!"

I chuckle. "We're still getting to know each other but they're nice."

"That's great! And how's your brother doing? He's not answering me..."

I take in a breath. If only he knew. "He's doing fine. He has his own friends. I don't see him much."

"Ah, I see." He sounds sad. "And Billy? Are you guys getting along?"

"Yeah." I nod. "He's a nice guy. I'm actually going to his practice later."

My dad chuckles and begins to speak in french. "Don't fall in love with one of his teammates."

I shake my head in disapproval. I reply in french as well. The language sounds a bit strange coming from my mouth after not using it much. "I won't. I don't even know them that well."

"Hugo would be jealous."

I shake my head and return to english. "Alright dad."

"Before you go," He starts awkwardly. "How um- how is your mom?"

I fiddle with my thumb trying to find a good answer. "She's...alright."

"Don't lie." He says in french.

I let out a sigh. "She seems happy with him."

"Good."

I don't have to be there to know he's tearing up.
I hear some more yelling from behind me. I turn around to find Hannah and Alana walking out of the store. Hannah is holding a large black zip-up cover up for her dress. She has her sunglasses on and quickly pushes through the crowd with Alana behind her.

"I have to go now." I say to my dad. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Bye dad."

"Bye scooter."