Chapter Eighteen

My eyes are barely open as I stand at the edge of my bed. I grab the black leggings from on top of the comforter and tug them on. They stretch over my thighs and cover my tummy. I blush, looking at the jersey of Mason's. He had given it to me the day he came over and almost kissed me.

"I want you to wear it for the final game." He smirks- his blue eyes staring smug into mine.

"What about Billy?" I grasp the soft shirt that smells like him. "I have to support him too."

"I think you'll look better in my jersey, though." He winks, pressing his hand beside my head on the wall he's pressing my against. "Please, for me?"

I bite my bottom lip. "Fine...I will." I feel my cheeks heating up.

I pull on the jersey and let out a breath. It's a little big on me and makes me feel safe. I walk out of my room and enter the bathroom to do my hygiene and put makeup on. I come out, looking more like a human. Billy exits his room and glances over, shooting me an excited smile.

"Hey Ellie." He brings me in to a hug. "You excited for today?"

"For sure." I nod. "And you?"

"I know we're going to win." He nods, his eyes running over me for a moment as he pauses. His eyebrows furrow together. "Is that Mason's jersey?"

I blush lightly. "Y-yeah."

"Oh." He looks a little disappointed. "Are you guys...dating- for real?"

I go to answer, but even I'm not sure. "I don't know."

"As long as you're happy." He forces a smile. "I know you like him a lot."

I shake my head and laugh. "Is it that obvious?"

"I guess you and Nick have that in common..." Billy cocks a brow.

Nick...It's been awkward around him lately. I miss him. I don't know what to say to him.

"Yeah." I force a chuckle. "Are you riding with Christian?"

Billy nods. "You need a ride?"

"No, I'm going with Alana. We're taking pictures on the field today."

"That's awesome!" Billy smirks. "Im sure you guys will take some awesome ones."

"Alana will." I laugh. "I'm just her assistant for the day."

"I'll make sure to score so you can see it up close."

"Will you two shut the fuck up." Lucien whisks his door open and walks out with only his pajama pants on. "Before I make you guys shut up."

"Someone's cranky." Billy mutters.

Lucien eyes him furiously before looking at me. His eyes go dark as he stares at the jersey.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" Lucien grabs a fistful of the material. I gasp at his sudden action and step back as Billy comes to my aid.

"A shirt? What's wrong with it?"

"It's Mason's!" Lucien glares at me. "Why are you wearing his jersey?"

"Mine's in the wash." Billy rolls his eyes. "Mason gave it to her to wear. Just leave it alone, Luc."

"Don't call me that." He spits, eyes still on me. "Take it off."

I furrow my eyebrows. "What? No! I can wear what I want."

"Just take the damn jersey off, Ellie."

"No!"

He looks like he could explode at any second. He bites the inside of his right cheek and nods. "You'll be sorry you didn't."