Chapter Eleven

a/n: thank you guys for 2k already! that's crazzzyy haha! I hope you guys are enjoying the story! I also want to send my regards to Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Bukayo Saka, and any person in the world of soccer who is discriminated against.

the sport is meant to be a place where everyone can come together and unite, not be torn apart over the color of their skin. I hope that Marcus, Jadon, and Bukayo know they are loved by the world and that we will always stand by them as a TRUE fan.

england is in our hearts and i hope that the boys know they did amazing :)

The stadium is packed with fans as everyone prepares for the second match against Leicester City. I walk through the crowded tunnels with Nick beside me. The voices echo against the walls as people talk and order food from the stands.

I'm once again wearing Billy's jersey with a pair of light-washed skinny jeans that tug my thighs a little bit too tight, and white vans. Nick is in a pair of white "frat boy" shorts and a Pulisic jersey, and wears black ray bans even though it's not that sunny.

I try to keep up with his long strides. He turns around as we squeeze through some people and chuckles.

"Was I going too fast?"

"Just a little." I chuckle.

He smirks and grabs onto my arm, pulling me with him. We keep walking, looking for the correct row for our seats. Hannah is already here with Robbie and Alana is on the field taking pictures.

Nick and I rode with Christian who of course was running late. We turn down a corridor and find some people entering to the near front of the field. A man and a woman stand against the wall- the woman holding a wireless mic and the man propping the camera on his shoulder with a bright light.

"Shit." Nick frowns as he looks at the two. "Reporters."

I look up at him and raise an eyebrow. "You think they'll stop us?"

"If they do their research." Nick smiles softly.

"Mr. Taitague! Mind having a chat with us for a minute? I won't take up too much of your time, love!" The woman steps forward, getting in our path.

I chuckle at Nick and murmur, "I guess they did."

Nick sucks in a short breath and forces a bright, happy smile. "Hi! Of course, no problem."

He still has his hand on my arm as we move closer to them. The woman smiles at us, then glances at his hand placement. She turns to me and eyes me up-and-down.

"Is this your girlfriend?" Her dark black hair whooshes over her shoulder as she smirks.

Nick blushes, as I do as well. "On or off the record?" He smirks.

The woman bites her lip. "Both, of course."

Nick smiles and places his hand on my back. "This is Ellie Clément- or Ellie Gilmour now. She's Billy Gilmour's step-sister."

"Ah yes!" The woman exclaims. "So nice to meet you! I've had some interviews with Billy- such a lovely lad. How come you haven't had many pictures with him?"

I furrow my brows. "I guess you could say I'm shy."

"Understandable!" She chuckles. "Now, Nick-" She cues her camera man to record. "How do you feel now that you have retired? What're your plans?"

Nick rubs the back of his neck as I stand awkwardly, hoping I'm not in the frame. "It was a hard thing to do but it was the best decision for my health and future. I'm excited to spend time with family and friends and go on new adventures. I'll always miss playing professionally but it's my time to sit back and enjoy life."