Chapter Fourteen

a/n: hey everyone! sorry for the wait! I finished up my summer semester of school so I'll have a little bit more time to write before school starts...again lol. Thanks for reading! What're your thoughts so far?

"Ellie!" A knock on the door brings me out of my slumber. I squint my eyes and roll over on my side, slowly coming awake.

"Come in."

Billy steps through the door and raises an eyebrow at me. "Uh...did you just wake up?"

"Yeah?" I question, throwing the covers off my warm body. The cold air hits me and sends goosebumps down my skin. Billy shakes his head, chuckling.

"Mason's downstairs."

"What!?" I gasp and whip around to check the clock. It's 9 a.m. I let out a groan and turn around to face my amused stepbrother. "Can you stall?"

"Already on it." He shoots me a finger gun.

He shuts the door and I rush to get ready. What do you wear going on a....an outing with a footballer? Jeans? Leggings? Shorts? Dress? Ugh. I open my closet and browse the limited selection.

I decide on a pair of light-blue, ripped, skinny jeans and a black crop top. I pull out my high top converse to go with it. I tug on the clothing and dip to the bathroom. I splash some water on my face to cool the natural redness in my face. I brush my teeth, dangerously brush my hair, brush on some makeup, and call it a day.

My eyes catch a glimpse of me stomach slipping out from my shirt and I sigh.

I shouldn't of had that pizza.

I walk out of the bathroom and bump into a figure. I look up to find Lucien with a black eye. I furrow my brows and go to speak but he cuts me off.

"Don't. I'm going to bed." He shoves past me and slams his door. I stare at it for a second, wondering what happened. I let out a breath, shaking my head, and walk to the stairs.

I hear voices downstairs. I walk down the steps and find the boys talking amongst themselves. Nick looks up first, and smiles brightly. He's closest to me, standing at the island in the kitchen.

"You look nice." Nick speaks, making everyone turn to me.

I blush lightly, sending him a smile. "Thank you."

"Wow..." Mason gasps, coming around from behind the couch. He's dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a mint hoodie with Adidas sneakers. "You look beautiful, love."

Nick rolls his eyes, before giving me a quick side-hug. "Don't have too much fun." He whispers in my ear before letting go.

I chuckle at his words.

"You look like you're out of uniform." I giggle, walking over to him.

He throws his arm around my neck and smiles. "It's a nice sight isn't it."

"Sure." I laugh.

"Get her home by a reasonable time." Billy shakes a finger at him. "Or else."

"Or else what?" Christian grimaces. "You'll beat him in Fortnite?"

"I already did." Billy raises his eyebrows happily. He glances at me and his eyes soften. If I could read his mind, I'm sure we both are thinking the same thing. They must have all seen that black eye.

"Cap." Mason shakes his head. "But I hear you mate. I'll keep her until midnight." He pulls on my arm towards the door.

"That- No." Billy rubs his temple.