Chapter Nine

a/n: hey guys! i want to warn everyone that this chapter has a lot of cussing in it so beware of that and i apologize to anyone who doesn't like that. the chapter is pretty long since i won't be able to update for a good bit. i hope you guys enjoy!

The mansion is full of what seems like hundreds of people. The living room is packed with bodies dancing together while music blares from the expensive speakers. Colors flash from the ceiling along to the bass of the song. Those who aren't dancing are either exploring the upstairs or standing in the kitchen- farthest from the noise. A couple stragglers are making their drinks behind the bar just a few feet away from the granite island I'm leaning against.

"Hey." A voice pops in my ear from behind me. I turn my head to find Nick looking down at me. He's holding a red-plastic cup in his hand and he takes a swig. His cheeks are a little flushed which show off his prominent dimples.

"Hey, Nick." I smile at him. "Enjoying the party?"

"Eh." He chuckles. "I kept getting humped- and not on purpose."

I bring my hand to my mouth trying not to laugh.

Nick sucks in his lips and shakes his head. "You can laugh it's okay."

"There are a lot of people here." I giggle.

"That's and under-fucking-statement." Hannah's voice rings through the kitchen. We look over to find her and Tom walking up to us. "I bet my brother's already shit faced."

"Did you guys just get here?" Nick asks.

Tom nods. "We had to-" He looks at Hannah for back-up.

"Fuck." Hannah blatantly states.

My cheeks flush red as I look at them both. Nick rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. Tom looks back at us with an apologetic expression.

"You don't have to be so blatant about it." Christian rounds the corner with his drink in his hand. His eyes are dark and look to be quite heavy. Nick moves to him and throws his arm around Christian's neck.

"Why don't we go find Billy." Nick pats his friend.

Hannah looks at Christian in awe. And not the good kind. "Just because you can't get a girl to even look at you doesn't mean you have to be jealous, Chris."

"I have plenty of bitches." Christian shoves Nick away from him.

"Okayyy." Nick forces a laugh and tugs on his friend. "Let's go."

Hannah grimaces at her ex as he is dragged away.

"This is exactly why I don't want to be here." Hannah turns back to me. "His fucking ego."

"We're here to celebrate with Mason." Tom reminds her cooly. "You're being a good sister."

"I always am." She rolls her eyes. "I'm gonna make a drink...you want one, Ellie?"

"I'm good, thanks." I nod. "Do you know where the bathroom is though? No one ever showed me."

"Yeah. It's right by the front door but I'm pretty sure someone was puking in there when I walked past so I'd use the upstairs. It'll be the third door on the right."

"Thanks." I wave before departing on my journey to the washroom.

I squeeze past the crowded hallway and make my way to the spiral staircase. People are clustered on there too- drinking, talking, attempting to dance in place. I make it to the top and turn to the right when a body collides with mine, making me fall onto the hardwood as a very cold liquid oozes onto me. I let out a gasp and look up to find one of the Chelsea team members. He raises his eyebrows in shock.