Chapter Twenty Four

a/n: this is kind of a filler chap but I hope you guys enjoy!

"There they are." George points to Hannah and Robbie as they stand outside the expensive restaurant.

"I think we're underdressed." I glance down at my normal college clothes.

George chuckles, sticking his hand into his pocket as a cold breeze passes over. "Or Hannah and Robbie are overdressed."

"They always are." I shake my head.

The restaurant is decorated outside with crisp red bricks and a large window in the middle that shows off the white tablecloth and midnight black silverware rollings. The couple at the window table sit in a silk dress and suit that compliment each other perfectly. The waiter stands with professionalism as he keeps his hands behind his back, awaiting whatever order they give him.

"Hello you two." Robbie smirks. He stands beside Hannah with his arm tucked around her neck. He's dressed in a brown suit with a creme button up underneath. He has a pocket watch attached to his waist that goes to his pocket.

"Hi Robbie." George and I sing in a somewhat joking tone.

Hannah laughs. "What a coincidence this is..."

She knew. That bitch. But I love her.

She smugly grins as she steps forward to hug me. She's dressed in a fitting black dress with a slit down the side. She's got some pretty matching high heels on as well. "I totally forgot you guys went to the same university...crazyyy."

I eye her. "Oh I'm sure."

We embrace each other in a short hug as she whispers, "He's cute isn't he?"

"You sly dog." I whisper back, laughing.

George and Robbie hug swiftly and then he moves to Hannah with a kiss on the cheek.

"I ran into Ellie right after class." He smiles. "It is indeed a small world."

"Positively." I add as we glance at each other with knowing looks.

"Our table should be ready now. Let's head inside." Robbie nods.

We all walk inside and the nice host leads us to our table. Robbie and George sit on the same side while Hannah and I sit on the other. I feel the warmth from the ovens in the back seeping into the foyer. The menu has Italian dishes that look and sound delicious. George and Robbie start rambling about a race coming up. I turn to Hannah and raise a brow.

"You liar."

"I didn't lie..." She glances over with a smirk. "I just withheld information."

"You knew we went to the same school."

"I must've forgotten to tell you." She shrugs.

"I don't need help finding a guy." I glance at George.

"Nobody said that."

"It's implied."

Hannah rolls her eyes. "He's better than my brother."

I let out a breath. "Mason came to see me."

"Today?" Hannah gasps and covers her mouth quickly before the boys noticed.

"While I was walking with George." I sigh. "It was so random...out of the blue...I haven't talked to him in so long."

Hannah clenches her jaw. "What did he say?"

"He wanted me back..." I try to hide the tears swelling in my eyes.

Hannah pauses. "Oh."

"Anyway," I shake my head. "We'll talk more later. Let's enjoy dinner."

"Agreed." Hannah smiles reassuringly.

__

I step up the stairs into the house. Dinner was fun. George talked about his racing, Robbie made jokes, Hannah almost choked on her food, and I had great pasta. Hannah and Robbie ended up driving me and George to our parking spots where he ended up giving me his number. I took it Kindly and went home after that.

I shut the door behind me and find a skinny shadow down the hall on the couch. The figure glances over and I realize it's Lucien. I walk slowly towards him. I sit beside him without saying anything. He smells like smoke. His skin is cold and I notice some sweat beads. He keeps his eyes fixated on the television screen that is turned off.

"Ellie?" He sniffs.

I turn to him as a tear slips from his eye. "I'm scared."

My heart breaks for him. I let out a sigh and pull him into a hug. I've wanted to hug him for so long. I wrap my arms around him as tight as I can as he does the same. We both cry. I don't know how long we stay like that, but it felt like forever, and that was great.

"I'm here for you, Lucien." I pull alway, sniffling. "Always."

"I did some bad things." He cries. "But everything is over now. I'm out. For good."

"Jack isn't going to kill you?" I ask.

"He might." Lucien forces a chuckle. "But I did everything I was told. And I'm done."

"Did you kill anyone?"

"No." Lucien shakes his head. "Never."

"Do you need protection?"

Lucien shakes his head. "Only from the drugs."

"Are you..." My mouth gapes a bit.

"Withdrawal." He nods. "Cold turkey."

"We could tell mom. She could help."

"No." Lucien pleads. "She probably hates me now anyway."

"You told her?"

"Yeah." He nods. "A couple months back. That's why I went to Jack's. She never told you?"

"She's in love land." I sigh. "She doesn't tell me much."

"Well." Lucien shrugs. "I gave her a piece of my mind."

"She still loves you. You're her son."

"Ellie...I have to stay off the drugs. But It might be hard for you to help me alone. I don't want mom to know. Do you think...one of your friends can help? One of Billy's teammates maybe?"

I sit for a moment. "How about Christian? He's on his own self-recovery. Not from...drugs...but breakup."

Lucien nods. "You think he'd help."

"Of course." I nod. "I'll call him now."

I take out my phone and call Christian. I tell him about Lucien and how he's off drugs and needs help. He tells me to take him to a hospital but with some persuasion, I get him to agree. I tell him Hannah would think it was nice of him. He caved after that. Christian does have a good heart and maybe one day he'll show Hannah that. I drive with Lucien to Christian's apartment. He set up a spare room for my brother in the time it took us to get there. I thank him with a hug and tell him I will come by everyday. I hug Lucien and then decide to call it a night.