Chapter Six

A groan escapes me as I roll over in bed to the sound of my phone ringing. I open one eye to look at the lock screen. My thumb slides across the glass. I bring the phone up to my ear and whisper a hello.

"Good morning sunshine!" Hannah's voice is loud in my ear.

I sit up in bed and lean against the frame behind me. "Hi Hannah."

"Were you sleeping? Ha, sucks. Get your ass up." She laughs into the phone.

I hear a soft male's voice from beside her laugh as well and comment, "The poor girl."

"Who are you with?" I furrow my brows.

"Tom. Say hi babe..." I hear some rustling and then the familiar accent hits my ear. My cheeks flush as he talks.

"Hi Ellie! I'm Tom."

I bring my hand over my mouth so as to not fangirl. I let out a shaky breath and smile.

"Hi Tom. I've heard a lot about you."

"You as well." He chuckles. "All good things!"

"Put it on speaker." Hannah says in the distance.

I hear some more rustling and then Hannah speaks again. "We'll be at your place in fifteen, okay? Oh- and Alana is already at the stadium for work so we'll meet her later."

I rub my eyes and nod. "Okay. I'll get dressed."
"See you in a few!" She kisses and hangs up.

I let out a soft sigh and stand up, setting my phone back on the nightstand. I shuffle over to the various brown moving boxes and open one of them titled: clothes. I throw on a pair of black leggings and tug on the jersey Billy gave to me last night. It has his last name on the back along with his number twenty three. I throw on a black zip-up jacket since it'll be chilly. I walk out into the hallway and hear some voices from downstairs. They sound like my mom and Mr. Gilmour. I dart into the bathroom to brush my hair, put on deodorant, brush my teeth, spray some perfume, and put on some light make-up.

"Hey!" I hear Lucien yell from outside the door. "I gotta piss!"

I shake my head in annoyance but open the door. Lucien eyes me as I step out. He points at the shirt. "You're going to his game?"

"Yeah. You should come."

He fakes a laugh and pushes my shoulder. "I'm good." He shuts the door in front of me.

Good talk.

I grab my phone and wallet from my room and move to Billy's. I knock on the door and he opens it after a second.

"Hey." He happily greets me. "How'd you sleep?"

"Better." I nod. "And you?"

"Ah." He rubs the back of his neck. "I'm always anxious the night before a game."

"You'll do great." I reassure him. He's wearing his jersey that matches mine along with his blue shorts and sneakers. He has his bag slung over his shoulder.

"Thank you." He blushes.

"Oh." I remember why I came to talk to him. "Hannah and Tom are going to be here in a few minutes. I'll be riding with them. Do you wanna come with us or did you wanna drive separately?"

"Christian is actually picking me up so I'm okay. I'll come wait with you though." He offers.
"Okay."

We walk downstairs together and find our parents in the grand kitchen. They are whipping up some eggs and bacon. My mom is in a pretty blue dress that falls to the floor. Mr. Gilmour stands handsomely in a suit. Just my mom's type. My mom glances over at us and smiles. I quickly look away and fiddle with my fingers.