2. Home

"Alright, come on." Sally said, tugging a jacket over her shoulders. It was a little chilly, with the breeze.

"Thank you." Wilbur said, smiling.

"Mhm, let's get this started. My mom will start to worry if I'm out too late." She explained, heading across the street.

Good thing that was a small town.

~•~

"And... that's about everything." Sally said, clapping her hands together.

It had been about in hour and it was only getting darker by the minute. She led Wilbur to the nearby motel.

"This is about the closest thing to a nice place to stay you'll find around here." She explained. "Are you in school?"

"School? No, I graduated early." He said, shaking his head.

"Oh, a smart boy then." She smiled. "Alright, well, I suppose you don't need to know where the school is then."

Wilbur nodded. "What are you studying?"

"Oh, I'm doing Medicine. It's really cool." She said. "What did you study?"

"Well... I really didn't..." He shook his head. "You know what, if I'm still here next week, I'll tell you." He said, smiling. "As long as you let me take you out to dinner tomorrow."

"I'm busy tomorrow." Sally started. Wilburs face fell. "But, you can take me out on Saturday."

"Okay, it's a date then." Sally blushed.

"I'll see you then, Wilbur." She waved and walked away, back to her house.

~•~

"Hey mom, I'm home." She called as she walked in the front door.

"Hi honey, you're later than usual."

"Oh, yeah, Rose wanted help closing up tonight." She lied. Her mother would lose her mind if she found out she had been out with a boy.

"Busy night?"

"Yeah."

"Did you hear, Prince William is an ambassador now? He's traveling around." Her mom held up a Newspaper with the headline Prince William gone from the Kingdom to be an ambassador

She rolled her eyes.

"You know I don't care about anything Royal related." She sighed and sat on the couch. "Bunch of uptight politicians that don't care about anyone but themselves." She muttered.

"You can't keep blaming the royals for Mason." Her mom walked over and ran her fingers through her hair. "You know there was nothing they could have done for that boy."

Sally shook her head.

"There was. They could have tried. Something. Anything. Instead of ignoring us."

"They can't keep track of every person in every town."

"They sent him to war!" She stood, eyes shining. "They sent him off to war at 16 years old! They let him die for them and gave us nothing!" She turned towards the stairs. "I'm going to bed, I don't want to talk about him anymore."

She started up the stairs towards her room.

Mason was her best friend. He was two years older than her, and he was like an older brother.

When he was 16, he was drafted into the war. He died a few weeks later, killed in battle.

Sally never forgave the royals for doing that to her best friend.

She didn't think she ever would.

~•~

Goooooooooood morning everyone!

Hope you're all having an incredible day!

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed!