3. The Date

Wilbur picked her up in front of her house. He was dressed very nicely, in a nice suit. She had thrown on a yellow dress she had owned for ages and never wore.

"Good evening, Sally. You look gorgeous." Wilbur said, extending a hand as she stepped out of the house.

"Don't you look dapper, Wilbur." She said, laughing at his formal greeting. "So, where are we going?"

"Picnic." He said, pulling a basket out from behind his back. Sally smiled.

"It's been a long time since I've been on a picnic." She said.

"Well, then it's perfect." Wilbur held her hand as he led her to a clearing about a mile away.

The walk was quiet but nice.

He laid the blanket out on the soft ground, spread it nicely, and then placed the basket next to it. He sat, and Sally joined next to him.

"Uh, I'm not actually good at making food." He pulled out two wrapped sandwiches. "So I made peanut butter and jelly." He smiled sheepishly.

"Good for you, I love PB&J's." She said, unwrapping one and biting into it, to prove her point.

Wilbur laughed.

His laugh was soft and gentle, not what she would expect.

She glanced around the field, they were far from the road, so no one would see them out here. It was beautiful.

They sat and talked until the sun began to set.

"I'm surprised you said yes to coming out with me." Wilbur said after a while.

"Why's that?"

"I just figured someone like you would already be taken." He shrugged.

"I mean, I still haven't had my first kiss. For a while it seemed like I never would." She looked up at the sky. "No guy I've loved has loved me back. Or, they have, but not like... that."

"I've never had a girlfriend either. Not really. Kissed a few girls, got set up, went on dates, but you know... nothing really worked."

Sally nodded.

"I didn't go to a normal school." He started after sitting in the silence for a while. "So I didn't learn the normal subjects. I wasn't allowed to choose medicine, or history, or teaching. My whole life was chosen for me the day I was born."

Sallly busied herself in listening and playing with his fingers.

"My brothers too, they didn't get to pick what they wanted. My youngest brother always despised it. He wanted to be out playing but my father said he had to study. He used to thrown the biggest tantrums." He laughed sadly. "I was trained to act a certain way, to talk and walk and stand like a noble. I know what every piece of silverware is for and where the napkin should go, what way the knife should lay, and how to wait for what I wanted."

~•~

They started dating after a few more weeks. And on their six month anniversary, they found themselves back in the same field.

"I love you." Wilbur would whisper.

"I love you too."

They settled into a quiet contentness as they watched the sky turn orange and pink and purple.

Wilbur looked over at her, eyes wide and lips open in a smile.

She turned and locked eyes with him, staring into the expanse of honey brown.

He leaned closer, and she followed.

Finally, finally, their lips met.

It felt like fireworks exploding between them.

They pulled away and Wilbur laughed before scooting closer and wrapping an arm around her back, kissing her again.

And again.

And again.

It's like they were drunk on the passion of it, high on the feeling of each other.

It was intoxicating.

As the sky turned to a dark purple, then blue, then black, they stayed in that position. Wilbur, with one hand on her back and the other behind her head, Sally, with one hand in his hair and the other on his shoulder, legs wrapped up together.

Wilbur gently laid her back until her head hit the blanket behind her. He kissed her again, slower this time, full of passion and love.

Like if he stopped he would never kiss her again.

His hand trailed her sides until settling on her waist, and he seemed apprehensive to lay any of his weight on top of her.

She pulled his down by his collar and he finally collapsed into her, burying her in everything that was Wilbur.

It still felt like she had only just met him, she didn't even know his last name, and yet, he was perfect.

"Sally," Wilbur said, pulling away. She hooked her hands behind his neck as he pulled back. "Is this okay? Are you... are you okay?" She smiled.

"I'm more than okay, Wil." She said with a huff. "I want this, please." She whispered into the darkness around them, gently pulling him back down towards her.

He missed her lips and kissed her cheek instead, trailing his lips down her jaw and to her neck, leaving fleeting touches there. One hand wrapped around her back to pull her closer to him, pressing their bodies close.

The night faded ever darker until they couldn't barely see anymore, but that refused to stop them. And soon they were laying on the blanket, sweaty and with clothes haphazardly thrown back on, cuddling in the chill night.

Wilbur had his arms wrapped tightly around her, leaving small kisses to the back of her neck.

"I need to tell you something." She turned in his arms to look at him.

"Okay." He looked nervous. "You don't have to tell me if your uncomfortable."

"I want to, I do." He nodded. "I just don't want you to look at me differently."

"I won't. I promise." She held out her pinky, completely serious. He smiled and hooked his in hers, kissing her forehead as he did so.

"I was trained to be... to be a noble. Because I am one. Because I was born to wealthy parents and I just happened to be lucky enough to have been second in line," He took a breath, "to the throne."

Sally stared at him, shocked.

"I am Prince William, the second born of King Philza." He said. "My older brother, Technoblade, will be king someday. And I'm second in line."

~•~

Ahahahaha

I totally didn't forget to post this yesterday.

As an apology, I'm posting the next chapter tomorrow.

Sorry guys!

Hope you enjoyed!