4. Two pink lines

The day after her night with Wilbur was quiet and... weird. She felt off, like her body wasn't her own.

She wasn't sick, no, it wasn't that.

She was confused.

Why would a Prince like Wilbur like her.

Why would he come here.

And why did it feel so right.

Her mom had gone out of town for the week and so she was left alone with her thoughts.

~•~

By the next week, she was sick. Every morning, she would wake and throw up in the bathroom. Then, brush her teeth and head downstairs. The thought of breakfast food made her feel sick so she would force herself to drink some orange juice and then off to school she went.

She started avoiding the lunchroom because the noise and smell made her want to pass out.

Nothing could stop the pit in her stomach from forming when she remembered that night with Wilbur.

She hadn't seen him since, always making excuses when he tried to contact her.

She finally called Rose.

"I need you to do me a favor." She said as soon as her friend answered.

"Uh oh, Sally, what's wrong?"

"I need you to pick me up a pregnancy test."

It was silent on the other end of the line.

"I'll be there in 10."

~•~

"So, who is he?" Rose asked as she walked out of the bathroom.

"Stop being an idiot, of course it's Wilbur." She said, setting the test on the counter.

"I mean, I'm not here to judge. But Damn, girl, you got yourself a good one."

"No, Rose, I..." She shook her head. "He's Prince William."

"Oh." She looked shocked. "Oh... oh no."

"Yeah, oh no." She put her head in her hands. "And I didn't know until after and I don't know what to do... he'll leave, surely, he's a noble. This will ruin his reputation so I'll be a single teen mom of the kid of a prince and the baby will never know their dad is a freaking Royal."

"Relax, Sally, breathe." Rose said, grabbing her shoulders. "Don't freak out. You don't even know what the test says yet. It could be negative."

"Yeah... yeah, you're right." She took a deep breath.

"Have you told him yet?"

"No. I've been avoiding him." She muttered. Rose rolled her eyes. "What? What was I supposed to say? Hey, Wil, you remember when we had sex? Yeah, I think I'm pregnant with your illegitimate child that will be ousted by your family. Whoopee!" She said sarcastically.

"Sally." Rose said sadly, wiping tears off of her cheeks that she hadn't even realized were there.

"I know I just met him, but I don't want to lose him. He's like... he's perfect. These past months have been the happiest I've ever been." She whispered.

Rose wrapped her in a hug.

"Okay, so if you're pregnant, and that's a big if, but if you are, I'll be here. And I'll help you tell him and try to convince him to stay. It'll be okay."

Sally nodded.

"Okay, okay, yeah, it'll be alright."

"Now let's look at that test."

Sally turned and picked up the stick.

Two faint pink lines.

~•~

GOOOOOOOOD MORNING GUYS

Hope you all enjoyed!

Love you guys!