6. Meeting the Royals

"Okay, you're... yeah, you're alright. Okay, and I have everything from my hotel. And I've got your suitcase, we packed up your room, right? And a pillow and blanket for you. Okay, and I have my suit and you have your dress. Right." Wilbur was running around her in circles, making sure they had everything.

"Wil, Wil, relax." She said, catching his arm and pulling him to her. "Calm down." She placed her hands on his cheeks. "Everything will be fine."

They had already told her mom, who was surprisingly supportive. And they agreed to move with Wilbur. She had already said goodbye to Rose and her other friends, quit her job, all of that.

There was already a house waiting for her mom, and they had sent a letter to the palace a few days ago, so there was a dinner time set up where the royal family would meet Sally.

"The car's here." Wilbur said. "Okay," he took a deep breath, "you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

~•~

The car ride to the palace was surprisingly short. Only about an hour, but it didn't feel like that. Wilbur busied himself in telling her everything she needed to know once they got there.

"Okay, my brother, Techno, is like 20 minutes older than me. Call him Technoblade and he'll tell you to call him Techno, but he likes the formality. So that would be best. My younger brother will want you to call him Tommy, he hates being called Thomas. You should refer to my dad as King Philza or Your Highness and he'll tell you to just call him dad or something at some point." He looked over at her and smiled. "Anyone else, call them sir or ma'am and they'll tell you their actual title. You'll probably meet Tommys best friend, Tubbo. His real name is Toby, but he likes to be called Tubbo."

"Okay. Technoblade is 18, like you. Tommy is 13-"

"12. His birthday is soon."

"Okay, Tommy is 12. Call your dad King Philza, refer to everyone as sir or ma'am." She nodded. "I think I got it."

"You'll fit right in."

~•~

The palace was huge.

She knew it would be, but the size continued to shock her anyway.

"Wilby!" She heard from behind her, and turned. A short, blonde haired flurry came rushing towards them.

"Hi Tommy, did you miss me?" Wilbur said, patting his head like he wasn't sure what to do when the boys arms wrapped around him.

"No." Tommy pulled away. "It was so nice while you were gone, really quiet." He said, crossing his arms.

Wilbur had told her that he and his younger brothers relationship had been very tense before he left. But he seemed to have missed him anyway.

"Yeah, yeah." Wilbur shook his head and wrapped an arm around Sally as they walked towards the castle.

Standing at the front steps was two more men. She recognized King Philza, all stoic and put together. He looked the same as the last time she had seen him, in some parade when she was younger. Back then, he had his wife at his side.

Next to him stood who she could only assume was Prince Technoblade. He had a black axe hanging at his side, arms crossed in his armor.

King Philza reached out to hug his son as they approached, holding Wilbur close. Sally caught a glimpse of Tommy standing next to Techno, trying to mimic his stance. She smiled.

Technoblade also pulled Wilbur into a short hug.

"Don't do that ever again, Wil." She heard him whisper before pulling away.

"It's nice to meet you, King Philza." Sally said after a moment. "My name is Sally Lachs." She bowed and then shook his extended hand.

"Please, just call me Phil." He smiled at her. "If you make Wilbur happy, you're practically family." She nodded. "Please, come inside. Wilbur can give you the tour. I look forward to talking more at dinner tomorrow." Then he turned and walked away.

She breathed out.

"He's not as scary as he acts." Technoblade said.

"I hope so." She laughed softly. "Technoblade, nice to meet you as well. And Tommy. Wil's told me a lot about you."

"Call me Techno, please. No one calls me Technoblade anymore, unless we're at war." He rested a hand on his axe.

"Right."

"How did Wilbur charm you, anyway?" Tommy said. "He's a jerk, really."

"Tommy." Wilbur said, hitting his shoulder.

"What, what? It's the truth." Sally laughed.

"Your brother is a good guy, Tommy." She said, smiling at him. "And I'm excited to get to know you all."

~•~

Hellooooooooo

I hope you guys enjoyed!

I'm having so much fun writing this so I hope y'all are having just as much fun reading.