xix.

BLOOD WARS | XIX.
DAENERYS TARGARYEN
Storm's End | 300 a.c.

DAENERYS STARES AT HER DRAGON EGGS, stroking a finger over the ridges

DAENERYS STARES AT HER DRAGON EGGS, stroking a finger over the ridges. Her thoughts were all over the place, but they seemed to go back to one person in particular.

Selena.

All she could think about was Selena. Her beautiful eyes, her long silky black hair, the sound of her voice which was a bit deep and raspy. There wasn't a single thing about Selena that Daenerys didn't like.

She needed to leave her room, perhaps conversate with someone. That would prevent her thoughts from being so Selena-centric. She stood from her chair, sparing her eggs one last glance before opening her bedroom door and entering the bustling halls of Storm's End.

Servants moved about cleaning and redecorating, and Selena wondered if the castle had been as hectic when it was empty or if the activity was due to Selena's presence. She scolded herself as once again her thoughts drifted back to Selena.

She set her destination on the courtyard of Storm's End. Fresh air would clear her mind and Missandei had told her that the salt air of Storm's End was something that she simply must experience.

She wondered if Missandei would be free to join her, however, a part of her longed-for momentary solitude.

A gasp escaped Daenerys as a hand wrapped around her wrist and dragged her into an empty corridor that was dimly lit. A scream sat on her tongue but disappeared quickly at the sight of who had just grabbed her.

Selena stood there with a smile on her lips, "You look a little frightened there, Princess."

"You just grabbed me and dragged me down a dark hallway!" Daenerys whisper yells, but Selena simply chuckles at her alarmed expression.

"I thought you'd enjoy spending some time together. I hear you've been cooped up in your room."

"I didn't want to upset anyone," Daenerys mutters and Selena looks at her with a smile.

"I am Lady of Storm's End. If anyone has an issue with you then they can take it up with me," Selena tells her, "Now I left a very boring meeting to discuss travel arrangements and I am in very desperate need of entertainment."

Daenerys shrugs, "I was heading toward the courtyard."

"I'll join you," Selena says as she takes Daenerys's hand and interlocking their fingers. Daenerys glances down at their interlocked fingers and then back up at Selena. She could feel the heat rising to her cheeks and the increase of her heartbeat. This certainly wasn't going to keep her mind off of Selena.

They made their way through the castle halls before finally heading outside. Selena led her to the courtyard and to the fountain that sat in the center before taking a seat and patting a spot beside her indicating that she wanted Daenerys to join her.