ii.

BLOOD WARS | II.
SELENA BARATHEON
King's Landing | 300 a.c.

THERE WAS ONE THING THAT SELENA loved about living at the Red Keep and it was large celebrations like the one Rhaegar was throwing for the Tyrell's arrival

THERE WAS ONE THING THAT SELENA loved about living at the Red Keep and it was large celebrations like the one Rhaegar was throwing for the Tyrell's arrival. It meant that all the good wines that had been kept in storage would be brought out for this very moment and that meant that Selena could drink as much as she liked.

She entered the gardens of the Red Keep which had been well decorated with lanterns to provide light as the sun was setting. There was already a large number of people gathered and Selena found this to be wonderful. She could avoid conversation and simply blend in with the masses.

She grabbed a glass of wine from a tray that one of the servants had been carrying and took a seat near the edge, watching as the water from the Blackwater crashed up against the rocks below.

"Is that your first glass or your third?" Selena looked up to see Rhaenys standing in front of her. She was dressed in orange and yellow, the colors of her mother's house. There was a smile on her face as she looked at Selena and she knew that Rhaenys was teasing her.

"This is the first of many," Selena says as Rhaenys takes a seat beside her, "Don't you have something better to do? Like Willas Tyrell?"

Rhaenys chuckled, "He's nice and very intelligent and I would very much like to be the Lady of Highgarden, but I feel that my father is going to marry me off elsewhere."

"Speaking of your father," Selena says grinning widely, "He said that I can go home."

"Home?" Rhaenys asks raising an eyebrow, "Meaning Storm's End?"

Selena nods and Rhaenys wraps her arms around Selena, surprising her with a hug. Selena returns it eagerly unable to recall the last time she had been embraced like this.

It was true that she hated the Targaryens, but she didn't hate Rhaenys or Aegon for that matter. The three of them had grown up together under the careful care of Elia. If there was anyone that was close to a mother figure for her, it was Elia.

"I can't wait to visit you there!" Rhaenys says, "I've always wanted to go."

Selena chuckles, "Have you really?"

"Maybe not, but now you're giving me a reason to want to go," Rhaenys tells her, and Selena smiles at that.

They look at the people at the party and Selena's eyes find Viserys in conversation with a lady who seems very disinterested. Aegon, of course, is speaking to Margaery, who seems to be holding on to every word that leaves his mouth.

Her eyes drift to the outskirts of the party where a few of the Kingsguard stands and she easily picks out Jaime, noticing the gold lion on the hilt on his sword, as well as the fact that his eyes are on her as they usually are.