xi.

BLOOD WARS | XI.
DAENERYS TARGARYEN
King's Landing | 300 a.c.

"WE SHOULD POSTPONE THE WEDDING," Lord Tyrell says, but Rhaegar shakes his head

"WE SHOULD POSTPONE THE WEDDING," Lord Tyrell says, but Rhaegar shakes his head. Daenerys was unsure why her brother wouldn't postpone the wedding. Their safety was at risk, it was better to wait than to endanger everyone.

"My love," Elia says, though there was no love behind the words, "There's no harm in waiting. If we hold the wedding now, we'd be putting the guest in danger."

"Then we'll hire more security," Rhaegar says, "The wedding will go on as planned."

"Father, Margaery and I have no problem waiting," Aegon says and his betrothed nods in agreement.

"We will not wait," Rhaegar says firmly, "I will not be forced into hiding by a little threat."

"We do not even know the origins of the threats," Viserys states, "Perhaps postponing is not the worst idea."

"Thank you all for your council, but I do not need it," Rhaegar says, "The wedding will be held as scheduled. You're all dismissed."

Elia is the first to storm out of the room and Daenerys cannot blame her. Rhaegar was willing to risk the safety of their children for a wedding that no one seemed to have an issue with postponing. It seemed foolish almost to continue as planned when they didn't even know where the threats were coming from.

"Well that was quite interesting," Viserys said as they left the throne room.

"Yes, well hopefully Connington can speak some sense into Rhaegar," Daenerys told her brother, but he was not listening to her. His eyes were stuck on Jessamyn and Selena as they walked by. The two were giggling, appearing so carefree. It brought a smile on Daenerys's face. It was rare that she saw Selena truly look happy.

Viserys sighs loudly beside her, "How do I get her to marry me?"

"What happened to the Kingsguard?" Daenerys asks, looking up at her brother.

"Jessamyn Tully happened. I mean she's beautiful and extremely kind, and when she laughs, seven hells, when she laughs, I swear I could listen to it for the rest of my life."

Daenerys can't help but laugh, "Viserys, are you in love?"

"I am sister," Viserys tells her, shaking his head in disbelief, "I never thought this day would come."

"Neither did I," Daenerys tells him as they round a corner, "So if Jessamyn does make the foolish decision to marry you, are you going to take Rhaegar up on his offer of Dragonstone?"

"Yes! Then I'll have something to offer her!" Viserys says eagerly. He leans down and presses a kiss on Daenerys's forehead before running down the hall.

Daenerys giggles, "Where are you going?"

"To ask Jessamyn to marry me!" Viserys disappears from her sight and Daenerys shakes her head. Viserys was quite possibly the most impulsive person she had ever met.