xx.

BLOOD WARS | XX.
SELENA BARATHEON
Storm's End | 300 a.c.

SELENA SMILES AS SHE TRACES her fingers down the length of Daenerys's back

SELENA SMILES AS SHE TRACES her fingers down the length of Daenerys's back. She wondered if the princess was still asleep or if she just hadn't moved because she was afraid that Selena would stop touching her.

She withdrew her hand and as she expected, Daenerys's eyes opened, and landed on her, "Why have you stopped?"

"Because I knew that if I kept going, I wouldn't get to see those beautiful eyes of yours."

Daenerys laughs and turns over, "Good morning."

"Good morning indeed," Selena states, "Were you aware that you have seven freckles on your back?"

"I was not, but thank you for informing me," Daenerys grins.

"You're very welcome," Selena says in mock seriousness and Daenerys laughs at her.

"So, what do you have to do today, Lady Baratheon," Daenerys asks with a wide smile.

"Meetings," Selena says with an eye roll, "I missed the days where I didn't have responsibility."

"During those days you were practically begging for responsibility and now that you have it, you don't want it?"

"It's not that I don't want it," Selena sighs, "It's just everyone is watching me, and I know that they're all waiting for me to make a mistake or something. The pressure is a little unnerving."

"Never did I think I'd see the day where you'd be unnerved," Daenerys states with a smile.

"Yes, well I am human," Selena states, "I fear things."

"What is your greatest fear?" Daenerys asks her.

Though Selena tried to carry herself as though she didn't care or that she was untouchable, she had many fears. Dying was one, but it wasn't her greatest fear, no she feared failing more so than anything else in her life. Her brother had failed, and he had died. Selena would not end up like him. She simply could not.

"Failure," she answered, staring into Daenerys's lilac eyes, "I don't want to fail."

"You won't," Daenerys tells her with a soft smile, "You're the most determined and courageous person I know. You'll achieve anything you set your mind to."

Daenerys's words had an effect on Selena. Knowing that someone else believed in her, made her believe in herself. It also made her blush.

"Thank you," Selena says, clearing her throat, "That means a lot."

Daenerys laughs as she sits up and cups Selena's cheeks, "Are you blushing?"

"No!" Selena says hiding her face in Daenerys's shoulder and she can hear Daenerys's laughter once more.