iv.

BLOOD WARS | IV.
SELENA BARATHEON
King's Landing | 300 a.c.

"WHAT'S WITH THE ARRIVAL OF ALL THE ladies to court?" Viserys asks her as she watches the many carriages arrive

"WHAT'S WITH THE ARRIVAL OF ALL THE ladies to court?" Viserys asks her as she watches the many carriages arrive. She noticed him indiscreetly leering at one of the girls and hits him in the chest.

"Ouch!" he exclaimed from beside her, "What was that for?"

"I thought you were trying to join the Kingsguard," Selena asks him, "Did you forget they cannot father children or marry?"

Viserys rolls his eyes, "Yes, yes. Well, I figured till I am a member of the Kingsguard I can look but not touch."

Selena rolls her eyes, but she also finds herself looking at the women. Most of them were quite beautiful and she felt a little insecure. She'd never thought she was the prettiest girl in the world, shamefully she decided that title went to Daenerys.

"I'm getting ladies-in-waiting," she voices, answering Viserys earlier question, "I had Connington send out a raven."

Viserys chuckles, "I can't believe he actually did it."

"Neither can I," Selena says, she then looks up at Viserys. She never knew exactly how to feel about him. He did somewhat worship Rhaegar, but not to the degree Daenerys did. He also was a bit arrogant, thinking that he'd definitely receive the open Kingsguard spot left by Gerold Hightower. But unlike his siblings, Viserys never bothered Selena, he simply let her be and she liked that.

"Tell the ladies that you turn away that my bed chamber is open," Viserys tells her suggestively and Selena slaps him on the shoulder this time Viserys laughs it off as he walks away from the window.

Selena continues to watch, there had to be at least twenty or thirty women. She was curious about which ones were coming for her or simply the experience of being at court or to see the Targaryens. She'd easily weed those women out and then she'd pick out ladies that she knew she could trust, ones that would aid her in her goal of toppling Rhaegar.

She and Rhaenys had decided to keep the information between the two of them for the time being. She'd also heard rumors that Lyanna had begun to make arrangements to travel North, which further solidified the truth in what she had heard the other night.

She decided to hold her interviews in the Great Hall since everyone else in the royal family was occupied with other activities. The ladies lined up outside and Selena begins asking random questions, about their families, hobbies, and other things that allowed her to get a feel for their personalities.

"What is this?" Daenerys asks as she walks in during Selena's interview with a girl named Alla from somewhere in the Riverlands.

Selena smiles at Daenerys, "I'm trying to find my ladies-in-waiting!"

"Really?" Daenerys asks her, "Why do you need them now?"

"Because I'm going back to Storm's End," Selena says happily before looking back at Alla, "Tell me, what are your thoughts on Princess Daenerys?"