xvii.

BLOOD WARS | XVII.
RHAENYS TARGARYEN
SELENA BARATHEON
King's Landing | 300 a.c
Storm's End | 300 a.c

KING'S LANDING WAS IN DISARRAY after the disappearance of Viserys, Daenerys, and Selena

KING'S LANDING WAS IN DISARRAY after the disappearance of Viserys, Daenerys, and Selena. All it took was a simple paper to tear apart Rhaenys's family. A family that was already barely holding itself together

Aegon came barreling into the study where Rhaenys and Jon sat quietly. Meraxes sat curled up her lap and had been startled by the door swinging open. Jon looked up from the book he was reading and was met to a fist to the face.

"Aegon!" Rhaenys exclaimed as she looked at her brother. Aegon shook his fist out and stood over Jon glaring at him with narrowed eyes.

"You bastard!" Aegon yells, standing over his younger brother. Rhaenys stands quickly, Meraxes scurrying away from her as she rushes over to push Aegon away from Jon. He looks at her, anger in lilac eyes.

"Father disowned us," Aegon says, his eyes drifting to Jon, "He disowned us for him."

Rhaenys swallows nervously as she looks at Jon who was holding his cheek. She looks back at Aegon, unable to hide the guilty expression on her face.

"You knew," he says softly.

"Selena showed me the annulment papers," Rhaenys confesses, "I told her that I didn't want to tell you, but she did it anyway."

"Because she knew that you'd never tell me," Aegon scoffs as he looks at his sister, "I thought we were close."

"We are!" Rhaenys exclaims, "I didn't tell you because I know how you are! You just attacked Jon who has no idea what's going on."

Aegon looks at Jon who is still sitting on the floor, staring up at his siblings in confusion. Aegon sighs as he realizes that Jon was as clueless as he was.

"What is going on?" Jon asks as he gets to his feet.

Aegon chuckles softly, "You're the heir to the Iron Throne! King Jon, First of His Name, Protector of the Realm!"

"Aegon," Rhaenys says firmly, looking at her younger brother.

Jon shakes his head at Aegon's words, "I'm a bastard."

"No, you're father's heir. He disinherited us for you," Aegon says, "He married your mother during the war."

Jon looks to Rhaenys to confirm what Aegon just told him. She smiles sadly and Jon shakes his head, "No, that isn't what I want."

"Frankly it isn't what I want either," Aegon tells him, "The Tyrells married Margaery to me thinking that they were getting the crown prince."

"Father has certainly made a mess of things," Rhaenys says, bending over to pick up Meraxes who was hiding under the table.