Truth, Dare and a kiss

25/6/85 Detroit

Kim and I are sitting at a table in the bar while the band is huddled together on the tiny stage, getting sorted to start their set. They just walked into the bar and offered to play a set for free beer which I thought was hilarious but it worked and the owner agreed. The bar is pretty full of people of all ages, so it's going to be interesting to see how they all react to them.

While we're waiting for the band to start playing, I jog over to the jukebox, throwing in a coin and picking a random song. The bouncy tune to James Brown-- Sex Machine echoes from the speakers, instantly making my head bob up and down and side to side. My feet shuffle back to the dance floor and my hips and ass start shaking and swaying to the music. My arms slide up above my head, waving around my head, instantly capturing everyone's attention but I don't care, I'm enjoying myself. During the middle of the song, I drop into a crab then kick my legs up and flip over, earning lots of 'oohs' and 'ahhs' from people in the bar.

After some persuasion, Kim finally decided to join me on the dance floor. Billy Squire-- Everybody wants you blares through the speaker so we start winding our hips and pressing our bodies together. Kim leans into me, whispering in my ear "They are staring at us" My curiosity looked over to the stage to see the whole band standing there with their tongues hanging out, staring at us like a hungry wolf pack. We both look over at them with huge grins on our faces. We wave them over and like a bunch of enchanted beasts, they scurry over to us, tongues dragging across the floor. Kim and I give each other a knowing look as if we're both thinking the same thing, she grabs onto Richie and I grab Jon and we both wind and grind against their bodies while giggling away to ourselves. They both have no idea what is going on, looking like a pair of lost puppies.

A short while later and they're doing their second song of the set which is 'Breakout'. "BREAKOUT!!!" The band starts with the opening lyric to the song, sending everyone into a bouncing frenzy. Whatever the size of the room and no matter how many people are in the audience, they play their asses off and always sound amazing. They have everyone in the bar bouncing along to the music, nearly blowing the roof of the place. His husky vocals backed by the band's vocals create a merge that fits well together. As soon as the song finishes, they waste no time in blasting out the next song 'King of the mountain'. He grasps the mic in his hand and struts around the stage, belting out the lyrics. The band shortly joins in with Jon to belt out the next lyrics, causing the crowd to join in with them "I... AM KING OF THE MOUNTAIN..... I... AM KING OF THE HILL". The music is so loud that It creates a wall of sound that nobody can break, even with the people cheering and singing along, you can still hear the band playing away. "This next song is for Liza...Called Silent Night" My heart skipped a few beats when he mentioned my name.

"After the smoke clears

When it's down to you and I

When the sun appears

And there's nothing left but good-byes

We'll just turn and walk away

How could we let it end like this

Just turn and walk away

Should we seal it with a kiss

It's too late

Now you're out and on the run

It's too late

Held up in love without a gun

Silent night

We hold up our candlelight

Silent night