nine

Baby Gangsta: Thanks for the invite, asshole.

"Who was that?"

Nagito turned away from his phone to look at Hajime, who was looking through the button up dressing shirt aisle with a concerned look on his face. "Fuyuhiko. He sent 'thanks for the invite' to the group chat with Kazuichi. I didn't tell them where we were going, though."

"Oh, actually I think that must've been my fault. I mentioned it to Chiaki and Sonia. I think word might've spread around the class because of that." Hajime still had his eyes glued to the wide selection of clothes in front of him. Nagito didn't know if his own eyes were deceiving him when he noticed slight worry on Hajime's face when he spoke about his friends.

Hajime cursed at himself out of annoyance for never getting any dressing shirts other than that white one he wore at Sonia's party in the beginning of the school year.

"Ah, well I don't mind people knowing anyway. It's a privilege to be able to take you out somewhere."

"You make me sound better than I really am. I'm just Hajime." He frowned as he said that with a slight red tint showing on his face.

That's why it's a privilege.

Nagito began typing his reply in the group chat, the clothes he picked out around 20 minutes ago still hanging from his thin forearm. He remembered asking Kazuichi if he could change his name in the group chat since he was the admin, but after sending the text, it was clear that he didn't.

NagiToes: I didn't invite you lolol maybe next time the three of us can go. :0

Baby Gangsta: No shit you didn't invite us. You never brought us to some fancy restaurant, it's always fucking Good Burger. Don't get me wrong, I can go whenever I want, but what's Hajime got that we don't, huh?

Shark Boy: His fucking heart dude. They're secretly going on a date, I'm calling it!

NagiToes: No, I've never been on a date. :3

Shark Boy: Bruh, I'm calling bullshit. Isn't your body count in the double digits?!

Baby Gangsta: Shut the fuck up, Pepto Bismol.

Baby Gangsta: But on some real shit I don't care about that, I was just joking around. Have fun.

Shark Boy: But not too much lmao don't forget the condoms..

Baby Gangsta: I'm gonna kick your ass.

"What are they even talking about?"

"Oh, nothing. They're talking about something else now." Nagito tried changing the topic, not wanting Hajime to know more about Kazuichi's accusations than he had to. Hajime gave him a knowing eyebrow raise but decided to not pry.

After finding a post on Instagram about a fancy Italian restaurant going viral for its impeccable lasagna, Nagito offered to take Hajime. He would always talk about how much he wanted to try Italian food, and Nagito wanted to help him have the best-first experience. They just needed more elegant looking clothes, due to the status of the restaurant, so they decided to head to the nearest department store.

Hajime was hesitant at first out of consideration, but Nagito assured him that he would be able to afford it. After all, it was now a week before Halloween. A good amount of time passed since they first met on that September night, and he saw this as a way to have an exceptionally good time just the two of them.