Chapter 29

Percy POV

When we got off, we were on a ski mountain somewhere in New Mexico. Now, that might not sound like much and since I said the truck was going as fast as me it might even sound like a possible speed for a demigod or human to reach. It was not. We went from Washing DC to New Mexico, a twenty-eight-hour drive, in less than six hours. We had gotten on the truck near three in the morning and now it's just noon and we are on the other side of the country. I am a legacy of Athena so let me put this in perspective. We drove over 1,860 miles in six hours, which means we were at least going 310 miles per hour the entire time going from one state to the other.

The roofs of the cabins were covered in snow. I was the only one who wasn't cold because of my black lion-skin coat. Aioniotita was standing near his golden brother Aperio to keep warm since whenever he moved, he practically caught on fire.

"There's a coffee shop over there!" Grover said happily.

"I could use some coffee," Marcus said.

"An iced, Ristretto, ten shot, venti, with breve, five pumps of vanilla, thirteen pumps of caramel, eight Splenda, ten turbo shots, poured, not shaken," Silena said wistfully. "With whip cream, lots and lots of whipped cream."

"What manner of the spell was that?" Zoe asked.

"The kind that makes you stay awake for ten years straight," Thalia informed. "How about you guys get some coffee? Percy, Binaca, and I will check out the grocery store." Everyone agreed and began going away just for Silena to turn back around and look at me.

"What kind of coffee do you want? Should I just get two of what I'm getting? One for me and one for you?" Silena asked.

"Everything you're getting, make it three times every ingredient," I returned.

"Breaking news! Percy Jackson, wielder of Olethros, tri-blood, son of Poseidon is the first person killed by a sugar crash. I could see the Hermes cabin having a field day with that," Thalia told everyone once they went our separate ways.

The clerk in the store said something about us being able to get a taxi at the base of the mountain but it cost a few hundred bucks. That wasn't bad, I'm rich, they were going to make me pay, either way. The downside to this was that we couldn't fit all seven of us in a single taxi. That was unless someone wanted to be tied to the roof and I for one don't want bugs to fly in my mouth while on a quest.

I bought a rubber rat so that the Hermes cabin had something for a future prank against Apollo cabin. Hermes cabin has been holding back pranks on Apollo cabin for a while because of one of their members.

Apparently, a kid named Jack has had this crush on an Apollo kid named Kore. He's been stealing stuff that he knew that she wanted or needed and would leave it in places where she could find it. Jack stole a guitar for her once. Both the Hermes cabin and Apollo cabins knew about this, but Kore never found out who has been doing it. From what he told me he needed to get all of the Apollo cabins out of the picture if he was ever going to build up the courage to ask her out. What better way to get rid of a cabin with a Hermes cabin level prank with green rubber rats?

Thalia went outside and towards the base of the mountain to see if she could figure anything out. She left Bianca and me alone, that is if you didn't count the lions who were playfighting in the snow, I didn't because they were in their own world.

"How do you like being a hunter so far?" I asked.

"I like it. They're like a big family. Are you still mad at me for making this choice?" Bianca asked.