Chapter 47

Percy POV

I looked to the others and then told everyone to stand down. Annabeth looked at me and tried to figure out the plan I had as if it was written on my face. We both came to the same conclusion, wherever she was taking us had to be big enough to fit her, which meant there was a chance for me to have enough space to end her and escape. Letting her capture, us is the only escape plan that could work.

The dracaena held their weapons close to our necks. Rachel wrapped my lion's fur coat around her tighter. Most of the monsters were on the others while I had Scyleria's undivided attention; literally, all her heads were looking directly at me and no one else. They led us down the corridors and hallways until we began going down a hallway that seemed like a Medieval dungeon.

Chain links with hooks on end hung from the ceiling. The walls were made of old stone bricks bigger than my head. Skulls lined up like decorations were placed where the floors meet the walls. The skulls were rarely human in appearance; most were of cyclopes and other monsters.

"Where are you taking us?" Beckendorf asked.

"Olethros, should know. It will be a family reunion after all," Scyleria told us.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

They led us deeper into the corridors until they brought us into a room almost as big as the Roman Coliseum. Stadium seats filled with disgusting monsters of every shape, size, and species. They were screaming and chanting at the top of their lungs, screaming bloody murder with smiles planted on their faces.

"The Colosseum," I uttered. I looked at some of the markings and tattoos on my right arm left by Freyja, then focused on my legionary tattoo on my arm.

"No, but it is inspired by the structure," Scyleria told me. Her head slithered by me as I focused on the fight in front of me.

A centaur was fighting what looked like a Norse troll or mutated one. The troll was gray with a large underbite and two tusks hanging out. It was near fifteen feet tall and obese. Its arms were twice the length they should have been.

The centaur had armor on. It tried to fire arrows trying to kill it, but the arrows didn't do much to the troll. The troll slammed the ground cracking it; the troll then pulled a larger boulder than it made by destroying the Earth.

I knew what was going to happen next. I was going to intervene and stop the fight, but Scyleria wrapped one of her necks around me as the dracaena held their weapons closer to the other's necks.

"Make a move, and they die. It's not your fight yet," she warned me.

The troll threw the boulder, and the centaur leaped out of the way. The centaur didn't see that the troll ran towards him and steamrolled him over. Trolls were fast, faster than a two-ton behemoth should be; it was like a horse getting run over by a semi-truck going two thousand on the highway. The centaur was hurt; the troll grabbed the centaur and slammed it down, breaking most of its body.

The crowd began to chant death and scream. I followed their gaze until reaching a balcony decorated with skulls and withered plants. Standing up was Marcus's familiar face; by his side was one of his sisters. Marcus looked different; he looked more muscular, a certain glow had come on to him; if the rumors were true, I hope they weren't. He drank one of my Egyptian vials. They were wearing some armor, and each had a weapon by their side. But to the left of Marcus was a giant of a man sitting down next to him.

The man was the height of a regular god at fifteen feet. He was fat, and his skin was burgundy red. Hundreds of intricate blue tattoos littered his body, and only a single piece of cloth covered his little giant maker between his legs. I knew who he was, my half-brother, the giant-god Antaeus. Son of Gaea and Poseidon, older brother to Charybdis. You know that giant sea monster in the Sea of Monsters that eats ships whole.